Location: Thailand - 100% Remote / Home Working (Must live in Thailand & have the right to work without restrictions to apply for this role)
Pay Rate: $5 USD per hour - Paid via PayPal Monthly
Contract: Six-month initial contract (Highly likely to be extended) - Self-employed contractor. Responsible for managing your own tax - No benefits attached.
Hours of work: 20 hours per week
Hiring Manager: Sammy Boonmark
Recruiter: Sarah Jane Dalzell
First things first! What is Twinkl? What is Twinkl's mission?
Twinkl is here to "help those who teach." It's what brings us to work every day. We're proud to create educational resources that can be used at each step of a child's learning journey.
Our award-winning resource collection - created by teachers for teachers - provides unlimited supplementary digital and printable teaching resources at an unbeatable value.
We have over a million editable resources, and new content is added every day. Don't see what you need? Just ask! We make bespoke resources for our members as part of our world-class customer service promise to help those who teach.
We support educators and children across Thailand and around the world, and we're committed to transforming lives through education.
Whoever you are, whatever you teach, Twinkl is here for you!
As a content writer & editor [teacher] for Thailand, you will be involved in planning, organising and creating resources and other content for the site. A large part of this role will be creating Twinkl resources, writing category descriptions, blogs and more for our Thailand customers. You will need to have a strong, current working knowledge of Thailand's The Basic Education Core Curriculum and/or Early Childhood Curriculum, as well as experience of working within a school in Thailand. You will use your knowledge to develop resources and your content will be turned into a finished product for Twinkl by our highly skilled design team.
Ongoing projects/how you’ll spend your day:
- Working with the Thailand team in creating and editing resources in line with the curriculum
- Supporting other content writers / editors to help check resources (quality control)
- Creating innovative materials to accompany themes and events
- Creating and developing your own content and ensuring you hit your KPIs and targets
- Checking a broad range of new resources for spelling, punctuation, grammar, curriculum relevance and factual accuracy
- Sensitively offering feedback, advice and support to our writers where needed
- Running workshops with small groups of writers and designers in your team
- Demonstrating excellent communication skills with the writers, designers and illustrators that you collaborate with
- Curating existing content on site to ensure that it is up to date and meets customers' needs
- Be able to translate existing content into Thai language
In this role, you will learn:
- To develop your project management skills
- Writing and editing for publishing skills
- To develop skills in maximising output and reaching objectives
You’ll work with:
- The Country Manager for Thailand (Sammy Boonmark)
- Other Content Writers / Editors / Copywriters
- Graphic Designers and Illustrators
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities.
Here’s a couple of the things that make Twinkl a great place to be:
- A friendly, welcoming and supportive culture. We believe work should be fun and always put people before the process.
- Flexible working with opportunities to work from home.
- Diversity, inclusion and belonging - our Employee Network Program includes working groups for LGBTQ+, Black and Minority Ethnic, Disabilities (visible and invisible), Women in Tech and Working Parents.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) - Our ever-evolving program includes: Monthly progression reviews, Twinkl’s Management Scheme, commercial awareness training, leadership coaching quads, career chats and mentoring.
- Collaboration across continents! You’ll plug into a global team working to help improve the lives of educators around the world.
Our Recruitment Process:
To succeed in the role, you will:
- Have a full current Thai teaching qualification for Early Years or Primary.
- Have a minimum two years recent experience (last 2-5 years) working in a public Thai school with full class responsibility.
- Have a sound, current working knowledge of the The Basic Education Core Curriculum and/or Early Childhood Curriculum
- Bring fresh ideas and a good insight into what teachers want and need, and how to execute this
- Have Native Level fluency in Thai, with excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Have advanced level English skills (Written & Spoken) - You must submit your resume / CV & cover letter in English
- Be able to translate existing content from English into Thai language (Native Level)
- Be comfortable in prioritising, organising and project planning
- Be able to execute on projects - we are looking for people who like to get things done
- Have effective time management skills
- Be comfortable pivoting on current projects to new opportunities as they arise
- Be prepared to confidently work between different IT platforms, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Google Drive
- Understand the teaching community in Thailand, knowing their unique pressures and current educational trends
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- You will need a reliable computer or laptop with a fast internet speed - you will be responsible for maintenance/repairs, etc
- Show the ability to work under your own initiative and take your own creative direction with minimum supervision
- Demonstrate the 'can do' attitude
Our ideal candidate will have a strong, current working knowledge of the The Basic Education Core Curriculum and/or Early Childhood Curriculum, as well as experience of working within a school in Thailand. You will use your knowledge to develop resources that will be turned into a finished product for Twinkl by our highly skilled design team. If you’re passionate about supporting those who teach in Thailand, we’d love to hear from you.
Please note: We are NOT looking for any candidates who have not previously worked in the Thailand public school sector as a fully qualified teacher.