As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Linguist performs quality control tasks and on-demand translation tasks, and takes on linguistic lead functions on assigned projects; coordinates the activities of a group of translators for assigned accounts or projects, trains and develops freelancers, and ensures that the work is performed at a satisfactorily high standard within the specified deadlines and quality level; ensures that the Language Process is being followed by the project/account team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership for this role:
- Performing copy-edit tasks on assigned projects or accounts
- Performing on-demand translation tasks
- Performing lead function on assigned accounts
- Taking ownership of deliveries that were translated internally or by freelancers for one or more accounts into their target language
- Preparing, managing and maintaining the language materials (including glossaries, Style Guides, work instruction) up to the quality standards and up to date as required by the account or project
- Managing project-related queries
- Ensuring good interaction among team members and resolving questions on terminology and language matters
- Coordinating a team of freelancers on assigned projects or accounts
- Testing and qualifying new freelancers and vendors as required
- Developing and training of internal linguists/new and existing freelancers according to the accounts’ and Welocalize’s needs
- Interacting with clients on linguistic matters as required
- Participating in the development of new and improved working processes
- Meet or exceed the productivity KPI
- Achieving the goals set by the PEM
- University degree in Translation/Applied Languages or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience in translation/localization
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Native fluency in designated TARGET language-Dutch
- Thorough understanding of the localization process.
- Excellent user experience of standard software, such as Windows and Office applications.
- Excellent user experience of standard TMS and CAT tools, e.g. XTM, SDL Studio, and issue tracking and query management tools, e.g. JIRA
- Ability to learn new localization tools and applications quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of terminology used in two or more subject matters.
- Subject-matter expert within company for discipline or process.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to give clear, concise and constructive feedback.
- Ability to coordinate internal and external translators.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, linguists
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability and willingness to train/teach others and pass on knowledge.
- Ability, willingness and experience in communicating positively with customers at various levels
- Ability to work in a virtual team
Welocalize is committed to equal opportunities and in compliance with the General Law on the Rights of People with Disabilities, this vacancy is also available and we encourage those candidates who have a disability certificate (equal to or greater than 33%) to apply.