Multiple award-winning and fast growing tax software company is hiring for a Tax Analyst. The goal of the Tax Analyst is to exceed clients' expectations by providing exceptional customer support in addition to producing timely and accurate results. This position requires the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where attention to detail, analytical skills and strong communication skills are essential. The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Candidate must be detail-oriented and proficient at balancing multiple priorities/issues. They must be able to communicate clearly and professionally in written, verbal and electronic formats.
- Preparation, review, and filing of multi-jurisdictional sales/use, business and occupation, and gross receipts tax returns for monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual filings
- Detail and process oriented jurisdictional returns set up on behalf of our customers
- Communicate regularly and effectively with customers, jurisdictions and other internal teams as part of research and resolution
- Manage workload effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Work collaboratively with all staff members and management
- Support in identifying areas of improvement and efficiencies in all compliance processes
(***Hiring manager is open to training someone who has the personality, enthusiasm, dedication and drive for growth more than experience. This role requires someone who is able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and with passion/experience within the Accounting/Tax field)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other four year degree with equivalent accounting experience
- Proven computer technical skills - MS Excel
- Exceptional organizational skills & attention to detail
- Strong communication skills - both oral and written
- Team-player, customer-centric attitude
- Deadline driven
***Role is fully remote but preferring candidates near Durham, NC or residing in North Carolina in general***
- Demonstrates ability to be successful while overcoming obstacles, driven problem solver
- Enjoys details, working with data and performing analysis
- Provides examples of process improvements
- Excited individual that brings energy and wants to be a part of something great
- Superior recommendations and references
For consideration, please apply directly or email recently updated resume to:
Account Recruiting Manager
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we're dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions - from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients' capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today's workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call or email for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.