Diversity and Inclusion Communications Leader REMOTE–2000022G
Our culture is one that believes in Powering Your Potential. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems. We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions and make an impact through meaningful work within our diverse workforce.
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in for a Diversity and Inclusion Communication Leader. The role can be based in Indianapolis, Indiana or remote.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Develop and execute dynamic communication strategies for the Cummins Diversity Equity and Inclusion team and the Cummins Advocating for Racial Equity team
- Elevate the profile of this work with key external partners
- Lead the development of an integrated Diversity Equity and Inclusion and Racial Equity communication plan in partnership with Internal Communications, Diversity & Inclusion Team and HR that engages and delivers a global agenda of engaging, inspiring and empowering Cummins employees, while amplifying the work of D&I and aligning diversity with Cummins business goals.
- Collaborate with Employee Resource Groups to communicate key initiatives.
- Partner with business and human resources leadership and sub-functions on the design and implementation of communication plans to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce.
- Assess audiences to establish appropriate communication channels and develop content to meet different needs and preferences for Diversity & Inclusion related communications.
- Coach and mentor Cummins Leadership Team communication resources on strategic positioning for embedding DE&I into leader communication and act as a strategic advisor and subject matter expert to senior leaders and communication team members on appropriate channels and content.
- Work across a wide spectrum of constituencies and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, as well as manage and support external communications where appropriate working closely with global corporate communications.
- Customer focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Brand Management – Creates competitive advantage through brand recognition; positions the brand to meet or exceed stakeholder expectations; applies brand standards to create a consistent perception and defend the company reputation.
- Creative Communication Design – Presents information from a variety of sources in a compelling message through storytelling to engage target audiences; applies the appropriate tools and media types to create effective, high-quality visual and experiential media.
- Data Analytics – Interprets information relying on knowledge of business or functional frameworks, and leverages analytical problem-solving tools to draw conclusions and communicate meaningful patterns that drive business insights; assesses quality of data as an initial step of the analysis.
- Digital media savvy – Leverages current and emerging digital media strategies (e.g. email automation, social media, content management systems, etc.) to influence buyer behavior or target audiences to a desired action.
- Intuitive Listening And Adapting Solutions – Translates needs, expectations, or asks from customers, stakeholders, etc. into actionable solutions through active listening and intuition; chooses or produces solutions (e.g. process change, tool, product, service, etc.) to meet or exceed the customers’ or stakeholders’ needs or expectations or to provide value.
- Organizational savvy – Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Persuades – Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Decision quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Manages complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Develops talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Minimum of five to eight years of experience in communications.
- Experience in supporting communications for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion organizations and/ or programs preferred.
- Prior work experience in a highly matrix environment.
- Prior work experience in understanding nuanced communications and being an excellent relationship manager to constituents across multiple business units and functions.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree in communications, marketing, or a related subject required.
- MBA, Master’s in Communications, Master’s in Marketing, or equivalent degree highly preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Primary Location
- United States-Indiana-Indianapolis-US, IN, Indianapolis, Cummins DBU Headquarters
- Job Type
- Experienced – Exempt / Office
- Recruitment Job Type