Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Distinguished Engineer, Cloud Operations & Productivity Engineering (Remote Eligible)
We are the Cloud Operations & Productivity Engineering teams within the Enterprise Consumer Products organization of Capital One. By joining team, you will lead Technical Initiatives for Enterprise benefit. These initiatives will deliver Cloud best practices solutions for improving Cloud Infrastructure efficiency, Engineers' Productivity and Cloud Infra Operational Excellence.
Come join our team if you are self-driven, actively looking for ways to improve Infrastructure and Engineers' productivity, and know how to drive technical strategy to get things done. You would need AWS infrastructure technical knowledge, a sincere willingness to improve, inter-personal skills and dedicated focus on the tasks.
Distinguished Engineers are individual contributors who strive to be diverse in thought so we visualize the problem space. At Capital One, we believe diversity of thought strengthens our ability to influence, collaborate and provide the most innovative solutions across organizational boundaries. Distinguished Engineers will significantly impact our trajectory and devise clear roadmaps to deliver next generation technology solutions.
- Deep technical experts and thought leaders that help accelerate adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends and practices
- Visionaries, collaborating on Capital One's toughest issues, to deliver on business needs that directly impact the lives of our customers and associates
- Role models and mentors, helping to coach and strengthen the technical expertise and know-how of our engineering and product community
- Evangelists, both internally and externally, helping to elevate the Distinguished Engineering community and establish themselves as a go-to resource on given technologies and technology-enabled capabilities
- You would lead critical initiatives such as Serverless adoption strategy and exert influence horizontally across the Digital organization and create impact to the rest of the Enterprise
- Build tools and processes to facilitate Cloud Infrastructure standards adoption consistently by mission critical Platforms, which then aids in minimizing operational toil
- Be self-driven, actively looking for ways to improve and contribute, and knowing how to drive strategy to get things done. You would need AWS infrastructure technical knowledge, a sincere willingness to improve, people skills and dedicated focus on the tasks.
- Build strategy, roadmap and POCs to solve Capital One toughest issues. Evangelizing one's work.
- Effectively c ommunicate with and influenc e key stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization
- Operate as a trusted advisor for a specific technology, platform or capability domain, helping to shape use cases and implementation in an unified manner
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence, using opportunities to reuse and innersource solutions where possible
- Build awareness , increase knowledge and drive adoption of modern technologies, sharing consumer and engineering benefits to gain buy-in
- Strike the right balance between lending expertise and providing an inclusive environment where others' ideas can be heard and championed; leverage expertise to grow skills in the broader Capital One team
- Lead the way in creating next-generation talent for Tech , mentoring internal talent and actively recruiting external talent to bolster Capital One's Tech talent
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years of software development experience for standardization and automation of Pipelines
- At least 3 years of experience with Engineering for Infrastructure Resiliency
- At least 3 years of DevOps experience using AWS, Python, Terraform, Jenkins, GitHub and Artifactory
- Masters' Degree
- 9+ years of experience with Infrastructure architectural patterns, building APIs, microservices, event streams, and high throughput systems in Cloud
- 7+ years hands-on software development experience for standardization and automation of Pipelines for software build, deploy, operate in Cloud; enabling Engineers' productivity with automation.
- 5+ years of experience improving Infrastructure efficiency, engineers' productivity and Infrastructure reliability
- 3+ years experience with observability tools, container infrastructure, database and Agile development
- 3+ years of Infrastructure Resiliency & Reliability Engineering experience designing and developing automation for Cloud based infrastructure resiliency best practices, such as blue/green/canary deployments, Observability, Capacity Planning, Chaos Engineering, Incidents reduction
- 3+ years of DevOps experience using AWS boto3 apis, Python, Terraform, Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory technologies , for implementing tooling to automate efficiency and resiliency of mission critical customer facing applications
- Certified in AWS technologies
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $269,400 - $307,500 for Distinguished Engineer
Location is San Francisco, California: $285,400 - $325,700 for Distinguished Engineer
Remote roles in other areas of New York & California, and across Colorado & Washington: $228,300 - $260,600 for Distinguished Engineer
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections ; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).