About Employer Direct Healthcare
Employer Direct Healthcare is focused on giving access to quality & affordable healthcare for our members. We understand and have experienced the challenges of navigating specialized healthcare and we are dedicated to making a change.
We partner with large self-funded employers to create a benefit program for specialized care. We connect with high-quality providers to give our members peace of mind when going into surgery. And we support our members by helping them navigate the tricky aspects of healthcare; whether that be selecting a doctor, scheduling appointments, or following up after a procedure has been completed to make sure our members are feeling better.
- You have a drive and AMBITION to tackle big problems. Big problems require big ideas and a team that supports new ideas.
- You CARE deeply for your customers. Your customers aren’t just the individuals using your product. They are the driving factor in your motivation to make a change.
- You thrive in a TEAM ENVIRONMENT. Collaboration is key in innovation and creating change.
- A DIVERSE environment is incredibly important to you. You understand and desire to be a part of a diverse team with different experiences and perspectives & you cherish the differences in each individual that you interact with.
- You are DETAIL ORIENTED, but more so, focus on the execution of your content while balancing a fast-paced environment.
- You understand that PROGRESS is critical to making change. You take the time to celebrate the small and big wins. Understanding that each improvement to a process helps move towards a greater change.
- INTEGRITY guides you in life. Focusing on the truth versus just giving people the answers they want to hear.
If this sounds like you, we would love to connect to speak further about career opportunities at Employer Direct Healthcare.
Please apply to our role & someone from our HR Team will reach out to help you navigate our interview process.
Director Technology, Application Engineering
As Director, Technology of Application Engineering, you will play the role of technology leader for designing, building, and maintaining all aspects of application engineering and integrations, talent and forward looking strategy for technical ecosystem at Employer Direct Healthcare (EDH).
The candidate will be an intellectual, smart and evangelical leader with developer mindset and proven expertise in developing enterprise scale web and mobile based solutions using industry recognized cloud platforms (Azure / AWS / GCP), Backend (.NET / Java) and frontend technologies (Angular / React). You will also be accountable for the creation and delivery of software and IT architecture vision and leadership and all aspects of the development of the software.
For this position, it is essential to have self-drive, ownership, zeal to deliver with a sense of urgency, ability to collaborate with executives and technology leaders and have skills to create a productive environment for the team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead development of high volume, scalable features utilizing “enterprise grade” software language such as .NET, C#, JAVA, or similar language frameworks.
- Participation in SDLC process including requirement and specification analysis, software design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Develop SAAS platform integrations, data analytics and operational reporting solutions required for product operations and fulfillment.
- Generate and maintain a forward-looking technology roadmap and work with IT leadership and others to attain milestones on said roadmap.
- Develop and manage technology operational procedures, policies, and standards as it pertains to CareHub platform development and execution.
- Refine, oversee, and update technology platform performance metrics and related business impact.
- Collaborate with business and technology teammates to analyze functional and technical specifications and decompose them into testable units of work.
- Employ leading-edge technology and software development principles to construct code optimized for high volume traffic and industry-leading customer experiences.
- Lead the creation of automated unit/integration tests against interfaces and functional requirements.
- Respond to inquiries from business stakeholders, customer support and internal customers regarding functions and operation of software and systems.
- Facilitate collaboration and coordinate development activities within an agile development environment.
- Review solution designs and code and provide feedback to the team.
- Support project planning by providing technical details on tasks, estimates, resource projections and project preparations.
- Monitor and communicate technology platform health metrics to executive management and participate in executive meetings.
- Prepare architecture and design technical documents.
- Coach and train technology team on technology best practices, and mentor and grow those around you.
- Work with other IT teams and departments to support various projects and integrate systems and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
Location: Remote position with travel to Dallas quarterly. Requirements
- Master’s degree in information technology or engineering or computer science or information systems or technology management is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Working knowledge of building technology solutions for healthcare navigation, CRM, Case management solutions and/or EHR, (e.g., Epic, Salesforce Health Cloud, Cerner, etc.) is highly preferred.
- 5+ years of technology management experience with focus on digital platforms implementation, maintenance, development, and integrations
- 5+ years of leading technical team of software, quality, data engineers
- Pedigree of software engineering or application / web development and design and development of web solutions; preference for experience with Microsoft Stack (Azure, SQL, C#, ASP.NET, Angular, React).
- Strong working knowledge of database design constructs and middleware bindings such as Microsoft SQL Server, LINQ, and Entity Framework
- Champion of API culture, and tools to build REST APIs, Web Services, SOA, etc.
- Experience in building and maintaining distributed application architecture.
- Knowledge of Postman, Swagger, JIRA, Selenium is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in OOA/D and N-tier application best practices.
- Good understanding of database design and development principles.
- Experience with unit and integration testing and automation tools.
- Keen eye towards security and compliance and maintain HIPAA standards.
- Effective communication and leadership skills.
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and excellent organizational skills with the ability to complete a variety of tasks accurately with high diligence and creativity.