Director, Talent Acquisition | Healthcare Analytics and Technology
Join the frontlines of today’s healthcare transformation
We’re looking for a Director, Talent Acquisition to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served.
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare. We’re empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions, and engaging patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country, improving patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization, and we are thrilled about the work that we accomplish every day. We’re transparent. Collaborative. Relentless in pursuit of our mission. With a confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation. And we know that the community we are growing is greater than any one individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and connected to the most modern internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Our goal is to continue driving value while still remaining mission-oriented. What got us here won’t get us to the next place. We are innovative thinkers paving the way for our patients to have a better tomorrow. We are hyper-focused on disrupting the healthcare space through technology and analytics and believe we need to transform our company as we continue to transform healthcare.
Could this be you?
See for yourself how this Director, Talent Acquisition delivers innovations to help reshape successful healthcare with VillageMD:
As the Director, Talent Acquisition | Healthcare Analytics and Technology, you will be a hands-on leader trusted to own and drive strategic partnerships with our C-Level Technology Analytics, and Medical Informatics leaders. In this critical leadership role, you will work with our Talent Team and Technology division to drive value through operational excellence and constant innovation, all while helping us to scale our teams creatively and efficiently in a highly competitive hiring landscape. You will manage the entire candidate process from pipeline generation to offer acceptance while developing a scalable executive recruitment strategy.
How you can make a difference
During your first year, you can expect the following professional challenges:
- Developing and implementing a robust full cycle recruiting strategy, with a focus on diversity, to meet the hiring demands of our Technology, Analytics, Medical Informatics, and Talent teams through meaningful partnerships with leaders across the organization.
- Overseeing a small, largely autonomous team of strong technology and analytics recruiters
- Understanding our mission, business model, and hiring objectives
- Crafting and executing creative talent sourcing and recruiting campaigns that scale for attracting exceptional and diverse talent
- Generating interest with potential candidates through active networking within a wide range of professional and industry-specific organizations
- Identifying relevant industry trends or market obstacles and proactively communicating to leadership including market findings, candidate reaction to the opportunity, compensation data, etc
- Validating potential candidates through conducting reference and source calls
- Expanding and refining our candidate database to build a reliable funnel for executive-level talent
- Building strategic and equitable search strategies that recognize diversity and skill gaps in concert with our Talent Development and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion teams
- Championing an outstanding process experience for candidates and our business partners
- Collaborating effectively across the organization to continuously earn trust and establish strong relationships that position Talent Acquisition as a critical partner
- Recruit for senior-level positions similar to those found on our “Open Opportunities” page under both “Technology” and “Analytics”
Skills for success
As a successful VillageMD Director, Talent Acquisition | Healthcare Analytics and Technology,
- You have the ability to observe and ask questions to fully understand the issue; you can synthesize information from a variety of internal and external sources despite possibly having ambiguous or incomplete candidate information
- You can close high-quality candidates by making each one feel important, conveying our culture and building strong offers
- Strong communication skills with a focus on consistent and timely follow-up and follow-through, and an innate ability to build rapport with candidates
- You can listen and understand the talent needs of our business partners and bring them to fruition
- You keep up to date with technology and data science trends, and can relate to a diverse candidate population and internal teams
- You take an end-to-end view of each search and the required resources to be successful; your sense of urgency compels you to work at pace and with attention to detail while managing competing deadlines and priorities
- A bias for action and pragmatic, yet creative, “outside the box” solutions that prove you to be a valuable business partner
- You have an unparalleled sense of urgency and commitment to getting stuff done without sacrificing quality or experience
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and can manage multiple competing priorities while continuing to advance critical initiatives
- A deep passion for building effective and high-performing teams
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems from design to implementation
- Sound judgment when working through complex issues and when handling confidential information
- You are self-assured and have a high tolerance for ambiguity and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A low ego and humility is critical, with the ability to gain trust through effective communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- 7+ years of recruiting experience; proven, measurable success recruiting high-quality, executive level candidates for technical and/or analytics positions in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- 2+ years leading small or mid-sized recruiting teams
- Experience working in-house, partnering closely with cross-functional team members including Talent partners, recruiters, sourcers, and coordinators.
- Healthcare industry expertise, ideally in healthcare technology and/or healthcare informatics
- Sourcing skills that extend beyond LinkedIn; advanced web recruiting skills preferred (X-ray search, github, stack overflow, social media recruitment and/or other alternative sourcing methods)
- Ability to work with–and influence–multiple facets of the organization (i.e. across function, level, location, etc.) and tailor communication based on the audience
- Excellent ability to relate to candidates focusing on both personal interests and technical experience and capabilities
- Excitement and passion for healthcare and being part of a close-knit, entrepreneurial team
- An aptitude for using data and reports to educate and influence Technology leaders throughout the recruitment process
- Sourcing skills that extend beyond LinkedIn; advanced web recruiting skills preferred
- Extreme flexibility and the desire to be a key contributor to an energetic and passionate team of recruiters
- Ability to travel occasionally to support recruiting across our markets
- Resilience and forward-thinking approach
- Bachelor’s degree required
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. This fun, fast-paced, startup environment even comes complete with snacks.
You also have the flexibility to contribute remotely. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system.Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.