Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Select how often (in days) to receive an alert:Director, Strategic Initiatives and Business Intelligence (Remote)
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit
Interventional Urology - NeoTract is dedicated to developing innovative, minimally invasive and clinically effective devices that address unmet needs in the field of urology. As part of the Teleflex Interventional Urology business unit, NeoTract's focus is on improving the standard of care for patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) using the UroLift System, a minimally invasive, permanent implant system that treats symptoms while preserving sexual function 1,2. The UroLift System is clinically proven to treat lower urinary tract symptoms due to BPH in men over the age of 45. The UroLift System lifts or holds the enlarged prostate tissue out of the way so it no longer blocks the urethra. There is no cutting, heating or removal of prostate tissue. More than 400,000 men have been treated with the UroLift System in select markets worldwide. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
No instances of new, sustained erectile or ejaculatory dysfunction in the FDA pivotal study.
Management estimate based on product sales and average units per procedure
Indicated for the treatment of symptoms of an enlarged prostate up to 100cc in men 45 years or older. As with any medical procedure, individual results may vary. Most common side effects are temporary and include pain or burning with urination, blood in the urine, pelvic pain, urgent need to urinate and/or the inability to control the urge.1 Rare side effects, including bleeding and infection, may lead to a serious outcome and may require intervention. Speak with your doctor to determine if you may be a candidate.Position Summary
The Business Development and Competitive Intelligence Director will be responsible for building and managing the external pipeline of M&A opportunities for the Interventional Urology Business Unit (IUBU) at Teleflex, reporting directly to the Vice President, Product Management and Business Development. This includes business development and competitive intelligence functions focused on external/M&A pipeline activities and competitive strategies. The role will work with the IUBU leadership team to create the portfolio expansion strategy and work collaboratively with the TFX corporate development group to seek M&A opportunities to build out the innovation pipeline by identifying target technologies and playing a lead role in the process of vetting those opportunities for strategic fit including conducting/analyzing market research and collaborating on forecasting revenues and costs. The role will also lead the integration of new opportunities into the commercial IUBU business.
This position can be located anywhere in the US with preference for either East Coast or near Pleasanton, California.
• Continually assess, communicate and sustain the IUBU M&A portfolio expansion strategy across functions within the IUBU, championing innovations that benefit physician customers and patients
• Partner with corporate development to help organize and manage the external pipeline of M&A opportunities, keeping initiatives active, organized, and moving forward with clear milestones and decision points
• Have a strategic and data-based point of view on opportunities and clearly communicate recommendations, insights and supporting data
• Partner with product marketing and R&D to ensure synergies and alignment with the internal R&D pipeline
• Be immersed in the Urology technology landscape and customer base across market segments to identify needs, gaps and disease state targets for prioritization; identify and, when necessary, initiate consideration of customers/treatment categories beyond urology and their implications for and/or as a result of M&A opportunities
• Work cross-functionally to help align resources supporting the M&A process, such as due diligence and strategic evaluations
• Partner with corporate development to develop acquisition models to optimize and determine the value of targets
• Consider, pursue and manage alternative M&A models such as investments, joint ventures, and pilots with partner companies.
• Engage with corporate management and M&A target companies to achieve alignment and support execution
• Bring the voice of the customer and global data sources into the M&A process by using proven analytical and market research techniques. Conduct comprehensive market analyses and provide effective leadership and direction by leveraging data, metrics, and insights to identify need gaps and product solutions
• Collect and analyze information on competitive product offerings, including features, benefits, pricing, regulatory, clinical, and marketing status. Communicate and drive competitive strategies with the commercial organization
• Collaborate with the Clinical Research team to support M&A initiatives and analysis of competitive intelligence
• Demonstrate a "Field Focused" style by co-traveling with representatives, attend and participate in training workshops, etc.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with Key physicians and medical device technology experts
• Contribute to our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high-achieving, and fun!
• Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred
• Minimum of 10 years of marketing experience in medical device industry of which 7 years successful marketing to healthcare professionals
• Urology experience a plus
• M&A experience a plus
• Experience with upstream and/or downstream product management
• Demonstrated business, financial, clinical, analytical and market research acumen
• Strong written and verbal communicator
• Self-motivated with the ability to perform at high levels in a fast-growing, fast-moving environment
• Proven ability to act as a business partner and effectively communicate internally and externally at all organizational levels
• Project management skills with a proven track record of achieving goals
• Experience building, managing, and motivating a high-performing team
• Proficient software skills across all standard Microsoft Office programs
• Create, promote, and challenge all stakeholders to perform at high levels
• Ability to travel 20 - 30% of time - Domestic and International
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: .
Teleflex is the home of Arrow , Deknatel , Hudson RCI , LMA , Pilling , Rüsch , UroLift and Weck - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.