Lead, develop and drive execution of market access strategy and tactics for assigned specialty brands to eliminate reimbursement barriers and increase patient access to BI medications. Drive brand profitability by creating access through marketing initiatives with payers. Takes the lead role for owning the BI strategy for the Market Access function for the whole therapeutic area/s and aligning other Market Access teams on the same. Future thinking, continuously seeking new opportunities aligned with the brand strategy.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Creates the Market Access Strategy across multiple brands/therapeutic areas
- Market Access leader for launch planning and execution
- As owner of Market Access Strategy for assigned brand(s), defends strategy to highest level of commercial org (HPLT)
- Seeks new opportunities and customers types to achieve brand strategy
- Responsible to provide Market Access input into LTF and GTN for brands by channel and has deep knowledge of assigned brand's nonmarket access forecast & assumptions
- Coordinates with A&I to establish Market Access research & data plan
- Provides leadership and mentoring across team and extended Market Access org. Able to execute remit independently and act in place of E.D. of Specialty Market Access Marketing. May or may not lead people.
- Understands the manufacturing and supply implications of a assigned brand(s) and represents market access on S&OP for assigned brand(s)
- Leads the ICP MAX development of the Market Access brand strategy plan
- Coordinates inputs from Market Access functions to unified Market Access brand plan
- Leads the development of tactics aligned to Market Access brand plan
- Manages agency in development of tactics including PRC and budgeting
- Manages Market Access Marketing budget aligned to brand assigned
- Works with assigned brand team and A&I to set Market Access KPI's, and obtains Market Access leadership endorsement.
- Monitors and reports on progress of KPI's to Brand Marketing leadership and Market Access (MAX) Leadership
- Drive innovation in delivery of brand's key messages to targeted Market Access customers.
- Is responsible for access assumptions in forecast for assigned brand (non - P&C)
- Maintain connections to all parts of Market Access org to act as SME of the Brand/TA for Max (Payer Sales, Trade, HEOR, Reimbursement & Access, Patient Services)
- BA/BS from an accredited institution required, Masters from an accredited institution preferred
- Ten (10) years' experience (eight (8) with Masters) in the pharmaceutical industry, with experience in the following; managed markets, sales, sales management, market research, marketing or other relevant equivalent B2B Marketing experience.
- Knowledge of biologic products, orphan diseases or specialty distribution
- Previous experience working with National Accounts or other Market Access customers
- Ability to present and defend market access brand strategy to senior leadership (HPLT)
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated people management and leadership.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budget and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and achieve results in a highly matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive strategy
- History of successful performance.
- Candidate must demonstrate strategy, marketing, innovation, collaboration and analytical skills as well as strong understanding of healthcare market dynamics and ability to identify market trends that impact business goals.
- Must be able to lead and drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Interpersonal flexibility to effectively interact with a broad range of personnel and ability to work well across levels and functions is required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills required, including ability to defend logical business arguments, influence without authority and facilitate consensus-building is required
- Maintains deep knowledge of current Market Access landscape relevant to assigned brand - acts as SME on relevant customer types.
- Brand Marketing strategy development, Market Access marketing strategy development, Pharma/Biotech commercialization strategies, pricing theory
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.