Job Description Summary
Ideal candidate will reside in Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Palm Beach, Tallahassee, or Georgia and have independent agent and commercial lines experience.
75% travel required.
This position is responsible for directing efforts to achieve territorial growth goals while maintaining profitability within an assigned territory. Typically manages 5 - 7 BDE or BME's within their assigned territory. Requires strong knowledge of the territory and the region including agency and competitor demographics and economic trends. Responsible for managing the expansion of distribution outlets for MSA products by identifying business opportunities in conjunction with the overall regional and corporate strategy. Partners with product areas, i.e. PL, CL, Bonds, in developing strategies for states within assigned territories and assists in deploying new systems and processes to achieve product and territorial goals. Also maintains territorial sales responsibility, including agency management and aggressive new business development driving assigned agents to meet their business plan.
* Bachelor's degree; Master's in Business Administration preferred
* A minimum of 15 years progressive experience in area of focus preferred
* Progressive experience in the Property & Casualty insurance field
* Ability to analyze and understand financial and performance metrics
* Self-motivated with goal-oriented attitude
* Experience in recruiting, training, managing, and motivating a high performance sales team
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including superior customer service skills
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Microsoft Office proficiency
* Must possess a high level of organization skills and the ability to multi-task
* Ability to travel; overnight travel as needed