The Director, Public Health IT and Standards will play a key role in developing Maximus public health data science and analytics capability. Work will include establishment of priorities and critical milestones, thought leadership activities, development of new industry, academia, and government relationships; and creating new offerings for the company. This role will work for the Senior Director of Health Data Analytics to further develop and implement public health data analytics services.
Essential Job Duties:
*Support capability development in public health data science and analytics arena, with a focus on surveillance systems and data
*Establish and implement state-of-art public health data standards, tools, and develop methodologies for the team and the organization
*Participate in industry groups and maintain affiliations/memberships with organizations and government agencies
*Monitor government and market trends
*Assist with pursuit activities at a strategic level
*Monitor competitors and competitor strategies
Education and Experience Requirements:
*5+ years of experience and knowledge in public health, public health informatics, epidemiology, or biostatistics
*2+ years of experience with health informatics including public health data, techniques, standards, and technologies
*Bachelor's degree required, masters' degree in a health-related field referred
*Experience with development of data standards, management, architecture, and interoperability in a public health or healthcare setting including state or federal government health agencies
*Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
*Skilled at presenting technical and policy concepts and translating analyses for lay audiences
*Capacity to work independently as well as collaboratively
*Excellent written and oral communication skills
*Proven ability to adhere to project timelines and budget
*Able to collaborate with combined internal and external teams
*Experience supporting data architectural and management activities at a federal, state, or local public health agency, or in private industry or academia
*Understanding of IT security standards, HL7, FHIR, and/or Electronic Health Records
*Experience utilizing tools such as MS Azure Cloud solutions and/or AWS, AWS SageMaker or Google AI platform
*Experience with EHR system interfaces, electronic case recording, or electronic lab reporting
*Technical background in data repository technologies such as SQL Server, MongoDB, and/or Hadoop development,
*Experience in implementing DevSecOps tools and practice
*Experience managing an automated ETL data pipeline
Compensation: MAXIMUS offers a highly competitive salary and full set of benefits for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary contact for the state client
- Ensure program operations are in compliance with all applicable requirements of the contract, as well as State and federal regulations.
- Ensure goals and objectives are established by Project Manager that support the overall Project strategies.
- Oversee all project administrative operations including budget, financial controls, and human resources.
- Plan, develop and schedule priorities for achieving operational and performance goals.
- Review management, productivity, and financial reports and studies to ensure program objectives are met.
- Participate in internal audits, research studies, forecasts, and modeling exercises to support Project direction and guidance.
- Manage operational managers, to include performance appraisals, mentoring, and professional/development guidance.
- Demonstrate a high level of dedication and proactive leadership in meeting corporate goals and program objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Direct and control the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company.
- Overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities; and recommend and implement changes to methods.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participate in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Ensure budget and schedule meet corporate requirements.
- Regularly interact with executives and/or major customers.
- Interaction frequently involves special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Report to Senior Director or VP level.
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.