Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director of Technical Program Management- Shopping (Remote Eligible)
Are you a Technical Program Manager that thrives in a vibrant, innovative and collaborative team? An engineer who has passion and a desire to work in a rapid, dynamic environment? Do you want to work for a tech company that develops its own software and eagerly builds to its product vision? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for over 65 million customers.
Capital One Shopping uses technology to find savings opportunities for consumers as they shop online. Our organization is a lean and driven group that's growing rapidly and looking for strong Technical Program Management talent. In this role, you would help us deliver innovative features to millions of customers and thousands of merchant partners through our browser extension, mobile app and web portal experiences. We're a group of passionate engineers working closely to solve internet scale problems across our stack, including Node, React, PostgreSQL, Cassandra and Kafka all running on top of AWS. Within the Shopping space, we have opportunities for a Technical Program Manager to take ownership and develop processes that power our customer experiences across our tech teams and product offerings. Your role would deliver an incredible amount of value to our customers and generate strong revenue for the company and as such, the potential for growth and ownership within this space present a unique opportunity.
Why You Want This Job! IMPACT:
As our Technical Program Manager lead, you will contribute to the overall success of the high-growth Capital One Shopping organization. VISIBILITY:
This role involves a high-level of engagement with executive leadership on both the tech and business sides to create the right strategic processes, while directly supporting the needs of engineering teams. CHALLENGE:
You will be challenged to work in green space as you contribute to building the operational strategy of this growing organization. GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT:
You can enjoy a fast-paced and collaborative work environment where new ideas and solutions are encouraged.
In addition to the technical program, you will also work to pave the way for an expanding TPM discipline within the team, by leveraging your industry knowledge and experience to teach the organization what a great TPM can achieve.
Our TPM Directors have:
- Strong technical backgrounds (ideally building highly scalable platforms, products, or services) with the ability to proactively identify and mitigate technical risks throughout delivery life-cycle
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
- A quantitative approach to problem solving and a collaborative implementer to holistic solutions; a systems thinker
- Experience as a TPM leader to grow and develop a team of TPMs, while also building the foundations for the TPM practice
- Ability to simplify the technically complex and drive well-educated decisions across product, engineering, design, and data science representatives
- Deep focus on execution, follow-through, accountability, and results
- Exceptional cross-team collaboration; able to work across different functions, organizations, and reporting boundaries to get the job done.
- Highly tuned emotional intelligence, good listener, and deep seated empathy for teams and partners
Capital One is open to hiring a remote employee for this opportunity Basic Qualifications:
- At least 7 years of experience in technical program management
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of experience designing and building data-intensive solutions using distributed computing
- 3+ years of experience in building distributed systems & highly available services using cloud computing services / architecture - preferably using AWS
- 3+ years experience building highly scalable mobile products & platforms
- 3+ years of experience with Agile delivery
- 3+ years years experience delivering large and complex programs - where you own the business or technical vision, collaborate with large cross-functional teams, secure commitments on deliverables and unblock teams to land business impact
- Experience in building systems & solutions within a highly regulated environment
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field (Computer Science, Software Engineering)
- MBA or Master's Degree in a related technical field (Computer Science, Software Engineering) or equivalent experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $228,500 - $260,800 for Director, Technical Program Management
Location is San Francisco, California: $242,100 - $276,300 for Director, Technical Program Management
Remote roles in other areas of New York & California, and across Colorado & Washington: $193,700 - $221,000 for Director, Technical Program Management
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections ; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).