Come Build The World With Us!
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company . Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
What You'll Do
- Bachelor's degree required- Engineering Degree highly preferred, Business, Finance, or Supply Chain preferred
- Minimum of 10 years strategic sourcing experience of which five must be in electronics in a global, multi-site manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated strong Operation, Finance and Strategic Planning knowledge in building category strategies
- Experience in Strategic Sourcing in consumer electronics industry preferred
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a successful YOY track record
- Experience operating successfully in an agile, highly matrixed environment
- Experience in multicultural negotiations, contracting and supplier management activities required
- Experience in leading large, global complex supply management solution projects required
- Digitally enable
- International travel experience required
As the Director of Global Sourcing, Electronics, you will Develop and lead strategic sourcing efforts for Electronics across GST business units. Leads a team of 3 Commodity Leaders who together manage a team of 18 sourcing leaders with specific electrical/electronic purchased component category and region responsibility. These categories include, Li-Ion Batteries, battery modules, chargers, motors, motor components, pcba's, switches, electromechanical components, cord sets/wire harnesses and electronic components. Critical to the success of the role are building multi-year, multidimensional category plans with an emphasis on value-based savings, continuous improvement, lead time reduction, continuity of supply, quality and risk mitigation. This position is expected to contribute to the organization's thought leadership in the respective categories and to ensure Company executes on global sourcing initiatives. Specifically, you are:
Benefits & Perks
- Responsible for effectively managing $1.1 billion of spend This involves identifying key aggregation opportunities, and creating programs to leverage spend at the highest possible level for the maximum possible impact
- Responsible for partnering with the key internal stakeholders to understand requirements and drive global, value-based year over year sustainable sourcing strategies across the category spectrum to ensure quality, value-cost optimization, service performance and business continuity are developed and sustained to grow the business
- Create and manage strategic supplier partnerships to ensure continual performance expectations are met and year over year productivity targets are achieved by conducting proper supplier management techniques
- Act as business owner to influence the organization across and through functional and business unit levels to ensure alignment and commitment to financial targets and category strategies
- Leverage cross company sourcing initiatives and oversee the review of sourcing proposal and negotiation as well as supplier identification and selection in responsible categories
- Keep current on category market, cost drivers and economic outlook to guide category strategy and keep company updated on developments.
- Manage supporting personnel in the execution of the multi-step strategic sourcing process
- Support strategy development and negotiations for all major global business agreements
- Serve as sourcing leader on all integration activities relating to responsible categories
- Monitor, track and report on savings and key performance indicators for targeted category
- Other duties may be assigned.
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.What You'll Also Get Career Opportunity
: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.Learning & Development
: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).Diverse & Inclusive Culture
: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too. Purpose-Driven Company
: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. #LI-SZ1 EEO:
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.