What this job can offer you
- Complete scope to lead, mentor, and coach a team of Data Engineers and Data Analysts, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for the data department, aligning with the company's overall business objectives
- Oversee the design, development, and maintenance of our data infrastructure, ensuring its scalability, reliability, and efficiency
- Collaborate with other departments to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions
- Ensure data quality, integrity and security across all data-related activities
- Manage the department's budget, resources, and timelines, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within scope
- Promote data literacy across the organization, educating stakeholders on the value and use of data
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends and advancements in data technologies, incorporating new and relevant tools and techniques into our operations as appropriate
What you bring
- Track record of experience in data management, data engineering, or data analysis roles, with a significant portion of that time spent in leadership or management positions
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing company-wide data strategy and improving data management processes
- Hands-on experience with various data platforms and technologies such as SQL, meltano, Airflow, dbt, and business intelligence tools like Metabase, Tableau or Looker
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain complex data concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills and strategic thinking
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- You'll report to: President of Remote
- Direct reports: 2-6 people
- Team: Engineering
- Location: For this position we welcome everyone to apply, but we will prioritise applications from the following locations as we encourage our teams to diversify; APAC, South Asia, Africa, Mexico, Eastern Europe.
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
At first glance our salary bands seem quite wide - here is some context. At Remote we have international operations and a globally distributed workforce. We use geo ranges to consider geographic pay differentials as part of our global compensation strategy to remain competitive in various markets while we hiring globally.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $75,050 - $253,250. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members
- Executive interview
- Prior employment verification check