For over 21 years, Viant has been a leader in digital advertising, transforming the way marketers connect their brands with consumers. Our industry-leading software, Adelphic, is used every day by the world's premier brands and agencies to plan, execute and measure the success of their programmatic advertising campaigns. With a culture built on our key company values of Live, Lead, Create and Figure it Out, we're serious about investing in our employees and are dedicated to creating an inclusive and collaborative environment. At Viant, you'll have the chance to make a big impact at an exciting time in our company's history - we're growing fast on the heels of our recent IPO. If you're a strategic thinker and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced industry, we want to hear from you.
A CRE Director is ultimately responsible for system reliability, developer productivity and reducing time to market by striving to reduce technical debt of the services your CRE team supports. We seek leaders who are passionate about system reliability to influence and drive the strategic CRE mission.
As a Cloud Reliability Engineer working on critical services your mission will be to ensure our services are fast, highly available, scalable, and able to withstand unprecedented increases in load. The Cloud Reliability Engineer will be at the heart of solving production problems. Your scope is from the kernel to the application. The position requires the flexibility to take a holistic approach to troubleshooting and the ability to delve deeply into technical details. The Cloud Reliability Engineer is co-located with a specific development vertical. This allows for close integration of both development and support team. The Cloud Reliability Engineer will build automation tools for system health and reliability. The Cloud Reliability Engineer will ensure the system is well instrumented and highly fault tolerant.
Key Leadership Responsibilities:
- Engage, influence, and evangelize CRE practices with development, operational and product groups to align technology service/solution delivery.
- Drive quality accountability within the organization with well-defined processes, metrics, and goals for process quality. This includes leading effective postmortems and ensuring actions are followed-up.
- Manage availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency of Viant applications development by instilling engineering reliability into our development life cycle with a focus on fault tolerant approaches.
- Drive capacity planning, performance analysis, instrumentation, and other non-functional systems requirements.
- Must be able to define and report "progress" on strategic initiates and project level tasks to all stakeholders including senior executives and use effective communication approaches with each constituency.
- Implement metrics driven processes to ensure service quality targets are met.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Expert knowledge in all aspects of designing, developing, managing large real-time systems.
- Project and process management
- Prior successful experience as a systems performance or site/systems reliability engineer.
- Expert knowledge in cloud computing - AWS preferred
- Mastery in Python or Golang Programming.
- Mastery of fault tolerant approaches in a large-scale distributed environment and high-performance systems,
- Demonstrated experience working in large, complex systems environments.
- A passion for performance excellence, robustness, and engineering mindset
About the Employer: Viant Technology
- The successful candidate will possess an outstanding record of professional experience and will thrive in an environment that demands accountability. A candidate must possess significant technology management and product development experience. Additionally, they must also have strong planning, organizational, communication skills, and be a key driver to help the team understand the big picture perspective.
- Proven leader of technology solutions in a high-volume transactional environment.
- Accomplished leader with 5+ years managing a team of engineers.
- Have excellent time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Maintain excellent written and verbal communications with clients, employees, and management chain, including status reports, project plans, presentations, etc.
- Ability to lead across functions and motivate a matrix staff
Viant is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic is Viant's industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 10 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger's Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at .
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.