is a global enterprise with more than 8,000 employees, delivering agile solutions to the federal government in the core areas of facilities, maintenance, and repair; information technology; logistics; protective services; systems engineering; mission support; furniture, fixtures & equipment (FF&E); and construction. As a subsidiary of NANA, an Alaska Native Corporation owned by more than 14,000 Iñupiat shareholders, Akima's core mission is to enable superior outcomes for our customers' missions while simultaneously creating a long-lived asset for NANA consistent with our Iñupiat values. In 2021, Akima ranked #28 on Washington Technology's Top 100 List and #63 on Bloomberg Government's BGOV200 List of top federal contractors. To learn more about Akima, visit . Description:
The Director of Business Development is a key position with the Construction Group of Akima, LLC with direct sales responsibility for securing new and profitable construction contracts for the operating companies that are within the Construction Group. The primary measure of success for this position will be identifying and supporting the securing of new and profitable contracts n the 8a/ small business federal construction market space for the Construction Group. This person will also pursue sole source awards, and will have experience in winning new business competing for multiple award contracts. Responsibilities:
- Support all efforts to close new business in the 8a market space.
- Locate, explore, and evaluate potential federal construction business opportunities.
- Identify project/client/geographical opportunities consistent with the Construction Group's strategic business plan to pursue 8a business awards.
- Lead successful development and execution of win strategies.
- Prepare and lead Go/No-Go reviews.
- Initiate and develop strategic partnerships with large and small businesses.
- Assist in development of company strategic plans and business plans.
- Analyze competitors to enhance our success rate.
- Create and implement capture plans as required.
- Interface with group and company leads to determine applicable federal market areas and scopes of services.
- Coordinate with proposal teams to ensure proper hand-off and follow-through.
- Work with operating presidents to follow up on wins and losses.
- Initiate and execute an annual client survey to assess performance and identify potential problems.
- Track and maintain client satisfaction surveys completed in response to RFPs.
- Attend RFP debriefing interviews and communicate feedback on win/loss with team members.
- Attend industry conferences and networking events
- Minimum of ten years of experience in federal construction, with no less than five years of focused business development experience in the 8a and small business market (including sole source and negotiated contracts).
- Demonstratesd federal construction market knowledge, including clients, prime and subcontractors, and geography.
- Proven success in building a pipeline of opportunities.
- Sales planning and organizational skills, ability to tailor solutions to meet customer needs.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals in federal construction arena.
- Ability to travel with a flexible schedule.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven track record of recent wins in federal construction and thorough knowledge of 8a business pursuit process .
- Ability to manage multiple project pursuits and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Must have a strong work ethic, a great attitude and ability to thrive in an objective-driven environment. .
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of personnel..
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessar y. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at or . Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application. In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Shift : Day Job
Primary Location : US-VA-Manassas
Organization : Akima, LLC Shared Services
Job : Sales, Business Development & Related
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Clearance Level : Not Applicable