This is not a remote position, Southern Careers Institute (SCI) is seeking a Director of Admissions in Harlingen, TX (Rio Grande Valley). Join us in the opportunity to be part of a life changing career, relocation package available for this role!!
WHY MOVE TO TEXAS?
- The economy is booming- no state income tax!
- Lively sports culture.
- Home affordability.
- Plenty of safe cities and suburbs to call home.
- Top-notch educational opportunities.
- Food and drink options second to none.
- Diversity and culture.
WHO WE ARE:
SCI is a vocational education institution providing job training and employment services for Texans. Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education and approved by the Texas Workforce Commission – Career Schools and Colleges, SCI offers job training programs in business, cosmetology, medical, pharmacy, technology and trades within eight (8) campuses located throughout Texas as well as online virtual courses.
WORKING AT SCI:
As the Director of Admissions, you will have the exciting opportunity to lead a talented and passionate team while contributing to the growth and development of SCI. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of admissions strategies, student recruitment, and providing leadership and guidance to the Admissions department.
Your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and communicate admissions strategies in compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Evaluate and analyze admissions metrics to identify trends and potential challenges.
- Oversee all aspects of the admissions process including information sessions, application review, acceptance decisions, and onboarding of admitted students.
- Collaborate with academic and student services departments to develop a comprehensive communication plan for prospective and accepted students.
- Supervise, train, and mentor the admissions team to achieve individual and team goals.
- Evaluate and identify areas for continuous process improvement and develop action plans to address them.
- Foster relationships with the community and local organizations to build brand awareness and to promote SCI’s education programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Education, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in admissions and enrollment management in a higher education institution.
- Experience in developing and implementing admissions strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor, develop and motivate teams.
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 60 years, now and we’re just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.