Title: Director of Account Management
Location: United States
Teaching kids to think critically and communicate effectively has never been more important, and NoRedInk helps students become better writers in more than 60% of U.S. school districts. NoRedInk is building an Account Management function and we’re hiring a Director to be the driving force of that effort.
As our first Director of Account Management, you will take the helm in establishing the Account Management function and assembling a high-performing team, essential for ensuring NoRedInk is an indispensable choice for mid-market and enterprise-level clients. Your design and management of the Account Management strategy, methodologies, and team will lead to the achievement of our GRR goals and drive sustainable, long-term growth.
In this role you will:
- Lead the build out of an Account Management team and function:
- Create systems and processes that will enable the Account Management team to achieve revenue targets at scale.
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of Account Managers focused on mid-market and enterprise-level clients.
- Create the playbook to develop and execute account plans and strategies that align with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Manage and grow a high performing Account Management team that consistently achieves renewals targets:
- Instill a high-discipline team culture that celebrates and rewards top performance and teamwork.
- Set clear performance expectations, provide coaching and mentoring, and leverage performance data to proactively manage the team.
- Lead Account Strategy and Planning:
- Own the renewals strategy for NRI, driving renewals and expansions to a successful close with our largest districts to achieve GRR targets.
- Be the expert on the greatest drivers of churn for mid-market and enterprise-level clients and develop and implement strategies to increase client retention.
- Work with the team to identify opportunities to expand revenue within existing accounts.
- Continuously monitor account data and emerging trends to drive data-driven decision-making and informed recommendations for both people management and the overall account strategy.
- Collaborate with the sales, customer success and marketing teams to ensure alignment of account strategies with overall company goals.
- Client Relationship Management:
- Represent the Account Management team at the company-level both externally at client meetings and industry events and internally.
- Take an active role in coaching and partnering with Account Managers with our largest clients and take steps to mitigate risks of account attrition.
- Monitor client satisfaction levels and take proactive steps to address any concerns or issues, serving as the point of escalation for serious issues.
- Partner with the sales, customer success, and marketing teams to ensure a high-quality and seamless client experience.
- Build out best practices and guidelines for Account Managers on effective customer relationship management.
- You’ve built an Account Management function for mid-market and enterprise-level clients from the ground up. SMB experience is a plus.
- History of team revenue attainment and utilizing proven data-informed methodologies, processes, and tools to track Account Manager performance
- Highly disciplined approach to people management with strong leadership and team management skills
- Analytical mindset, regularly use data to inform decision-making.
- Customer-focused and dedicated to delivering exceptional service
- Knowledge of the education technology market and its challenges, including having K-12 district-level contacts, is necessary for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education, or a related field; MBA or advanced degree is a plus.
What NoRedInk Offers:
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded startup with strong product-market fit
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits (U.S. Only)
- 100% remote work environment
- Flexible PTO and paid parental leave
- 401(k) (U.S. Only)
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Team retreats and events to connect with fun, talented coworkers
- The ability to help millions of students and teachers and address a critical societal need
NoRedInk helps students in over 60% of US school districts become better writers. Our deeply engaging, adaptive curriculum personalizes exercises to kids’ interests, guides them through the writing process with instructional support, and boosts their skills through targeted practice. Students have completed over 10 billion exercises on our site, and our mission is to help all students harness the power of the written word.
Check out our press page, including our 2-minute pitch on NBC and articles in The Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and Forbes.
NoRedInk believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At NoRedInk, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Compensation at NoRedInk is robust and includes a full range of benefits, flexible PTO, monthly co-working stipends, an initial home-office set up stipend, and generous equity. Our salary ranges are based on factors such as expectations as laid out in the job description, location-specific market data, internal parity, and the experience and skills of individual candidates. Therefore, the base compensation range is $150,000 – $175,000 plus variable compensation, and accounts for a variety of locations and skills/experience. Please know that if you are invited to speak with a recruiter at NoRedInk, they will have an open discussion about compensation during your first call to ensure alignment.
*Note: Agencies or other third-party recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate resumes or their information to any NoRedInk employee, including a NoRedInk Recruiter, unless a contract is signed and you are given permission by the Talent Acquisition team to work on a job opening.