Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Candidate must reside in NC
Extreme seeks a Director of Network Operations who will own and evolve the corporate network strategy, lead in-house and outsourced teams, as well as oversee the design, implementation, and management of all Extreme’s cloud, network infrastructure, and Extreme on Extreme program to ensuring high availability, scalability, and security.
The Director of Network Operations will be expected to partner with various technical and business groups across the company to ensure that technical solutions meet business requirements and support business objectives. The successful candidate will be someone who aggressively pursues operational and project delivery improvements, establishes and manages KPIs, drives a continuous improvement mindset for their teams, and effectively communicates with senior leadership. This role will continue the strong partnership with the Information Security team by owning the design and operations of infrastructure to keep cybersecurity risks as low as reasonable.
Here’s What You’ll Do
· Create and manage SLA's with vendors and internal stakeholders.
· Develop and manage KPI measurements, and cost objectives.
· Review monthly incident reports to ensure SLA's are being achieved.
· Manage and support the design and deployment of Extreme technologies in office and Lab locations
· Lead projects that evaluate technology and make recommendations that assist with technical objectives and regulatory requirements.
· Lead Extremes “Extreme on Extreme” program which adopts and deploys new Extreme products within our internal environments and provides valuable feedback within development and support groups.
· Lead teams implementing and maintaining our cloud technology and site-based infrastructure globally.
· Own the cloud and infrastructure strategy and develop a reference architecture.
· Design, plan, oversee, and participate in network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including implementation of hardware, software, cloud apps, and relevant testing.
· As the technical expert in cloud and network infrastructure, proactively participate in architecture discussions offering elegant solutions to complex problems with an eye on the future of technology and trends.
· Ensure compliance of internal governance requirements.
· Develop and maintain cloud and network policies, procedures, standards, and specifications to clearly communicate expectations to project teams, external vendors, and partners.
· Develop and maintain high standards in proactive monitoring and maintenance.
· Must have excellent presentation skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong leadership and decision-making abilities
· Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
· Proven track record of implementing process improvements
· Commitment to staying up-to-date with the latest network technology trends
· Experience performing Enterprise Architecture functions
· Experience performing cybersecurity hardening on cloud environments, networks, and systems
· Experience with cybersecurity tools ranging from endpoint detection and response to various cloud-based solutions like CNAPP/CSPM/CWPP/CASB
· Experience planning, executing, overseeing, and reporting on complex IT projects
· Experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMware or Hyper-V
· Knowledge of containerization technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
· Familiarity with configuration management and automation tools, such as Ansible and Terraform.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent relevant experience with 10+ years of IT leadership
· 5+ years leading and managing both internal staff and external vendors in the delivery of cloud & network infrastructure systems and services.
· Expert level knowledge of cloud infrastructure, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional or equivalent preferred)
· In-depth understanding of network infrastructure, including routing, switching, and firewalls (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE or similar)
· Ability to lead and motivate the team to achieve tactical and strategic goals, even when only "dotted line" reporting relationships exist and/or a matrixed environment.
· Excellent communications skills with the ability to tailor communications based on the intended audience.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.
Read our advice on how to answer the most common interview questions.