Job Description - Director, DevOps - RemoteDIRECTOR, DEVOPS
REMOTE IN THE U.S.THE POSITION:
ICS is hiring for a Director, DevOps to join our global SaaS client's team! You will be responsible for managing team leads and mentoring individual contributors to provide 24x7 support for the company's SaaS platforms. You will ensure that services are running seamlessly and enabling by managing monitoring services and drive global compliance and upkeep of systems. You will also work closely with development to diagnose problems and recommend enhancements to platforms. The successful candidate will have an established background in developing and maintaining resilient and scalable systems, a strong technical ability, excellent organizational and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Manage 24/7 operational availability and performance of the systems underlying the company's web-based SaaS applications.
- Lead 30+ member global team, driving results.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Maintain a team environment that fosters professional development and a high level of team engagement.
- Establish metrics, key performance indicators, and service level agreements to continually improve the performance of IT operations.
- Further develop automation tools and processes that can support deployment of systems and applications to both internal and external cloud infrastructure.
- Manage monitoring platforms, drive compliance and proactive incident discovery.
- Significant experience with the concept of "infrastructure as code " and configuration management tools in a mission critical production environment.
- Strong background with VMware virtualized systems environments.
- Good knowledge of Linux and Windows operating system fundamentals, and container platforms
- Ownership of IT audits, SOX and ISO compliance
- Knowledgeable of source control management and CI/CD.
- Familiarity with technologies such as: Kubernetes (OpenShift, Rancher, Tanzu, etc), Jenkins, vRealize Automation, ArgoCD, GitLab, and Hashicorp Vault.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent preferred.
- Intellectual curiosity, and a can-do attitude.
- All other related and/or additional responsibilities that may be required or assigned
- provided by Dice