Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers.
At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey! Role:
Are you an upbeat Customer Success Operations leader, with deep SaaS and Customer Success experience? Are you ready to play a mission-critical role in the scale-up of a rapidly growing enterprise software business, with customer value, experience, retention and growth at the core? If so, Splunk is looking for an experienced, outcomes-driven candidate with extraordinary skills across customer operations, communication, and program management skills to operationalize, optimize and scale our adoption and retention strategy, processes and cross-functional interlocks.
The Director, Customer Success Management (CSM) Operations
will be accountable for the development and operationalization of Splunk's CSM strategy and driving a measurable impact on key outcomes like adoption, customer outcomes, retention, annual revenue, expansion, cost to serve, time to value etc. The role will see you working cross functionally, across a broad array of teams, driving alignment with the broader CS and GTM strategy, and ultimately accountable for all aspects of our CSM investment strategy and it's success.
You will interface frequently and drive collaboration with adjacent CS Renewal Operations, CS Platforms and Automation, Customer Experience, Professional Services, Support, Sales and other GTM teams. Responsibilities: I want to, and can do that...
What you bring:
- Work cross functionally across Finance, HR, Revenue Operations, Global Business Operations, and other teams to ensure alignment and promote the needs and impacts of the CSM function
- Influence executive leadership within the business areas to create and maintain alignment around the Adoption and Retention business objectives, priorities, cross functional dependencies, measurable benefits, success criteria, scope, and constraints impacting delivery
- Be a thought leader. Incorporate Adoption and Retention leading practices and current and future market, product/technology and customer dynamics into our strategy and priorities. Use external and internal insights and data to inform the strategic roadmap.
- Strive for Operational Excellence; laying the foundations for scale and removing inefficiencies through an optimal balance of people, process and technologies
- Work with Splunk's Theatre Customer Success Management (CSM) leads to inform your perspective on the current state of the CSM function
- Take ownership for the overall CSM strategy and future vision, along with the operational cadences that help drive the business, e.g. Customer Health reviews
- Translate the future vision into the critical priority initiatives and OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) along with a path of execution
- Leverage program management skills to own and drive the priority initiatives forward
- Develop a map of the CSM Customer key engagement points and translate into a framework of CSM high value activities and motions
- Assess the supporting content, process and tools for each of the CSM high value activities to understand where we must make continued enhancements
- Manage and maintain a virtual library of all CSM best practices and associated content/processes
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that define the role of the CSM
- Develop Field Playbooks & Success Plans frameworks in support of the CSM, and also specific to Splunk's buying centers and products/use cases
- Collate the Best Practice Messaging, Collateral & Artifacts that support each playbook
- Evolve our capabilities in the area of Value Realization, establishing and driving adoption globally
- Define the data points and analytics that track the adoption of identified global best practices
- Own and manage the launch and adoption of all CSM focused programs
- Launch strategies for ensuring an effective field feedback loop, so we can understand what our field of CSMs need to succeed and support our customers' success
- Work closely with our CSM enablement function to ensure we are delivering the necessary enablement to our CSMs (both technical, functional and procedural in nature)
- Strategic thinking, thought leadership and foresight: You anticipate market changes, forecast and track changes in customer expectations and quickly mobilize and strategize to guide the required adoption and retention transformations
- A passion for delighting customers and growth. You're a pro using data driven insights to guide actions and outcomes. You can hire, develop, train and build a high-performing team that efficiently aligns with the Adoption and Retention team and broader Splunk.
- You have a deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models and the financial P&L and operating metrics relevant to a CS organization.
- Interpersonal, networking and influencing skills: Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders and customers at every level. Influence alignment and prioritization of initiatives critical to delivering the strategy. You embrace change and have a proven ability to motivate and influence across functions. Accurately summarize and present complex principles to an executive audience.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills: interpreting and leveraging data insights for constantly enhancing customer experience. Committed to analyzing and anticipating situations, defining problems and objectives, recognizing alternatives and formulating solutions in a complex environment.
- Ability to understand business objectives and align strategic initiatives accordingly: have a clear understanding of the company's business objectives and ability to align and resource initiatives to contribute to the achievement of customer and business goals.
- Long term strategic outlook and ability to break it down into achievable and measurable roadmaps: You can visualize the desired end result and then work backwards to plan, strategize and execute.
- Data-driven mindset and an aptitude for technology
- 7+ years of progressive experience in a SaaS company leading post-sales customer-facing and operations roles.
- 5+ years leading Customer Success and Renewal teams with accountability for business results.
- 5+ years of strategy and operations experience leading cross-functional initiatives.
- Experience implementing commercial analytics and driving operational excellence.
- Deep understanding of SaaS and Enterprise Sales business model with understanding of customer
- lifecycle measures and SaaS revenue streams.
- Experience supporting a quota carrying sales/renewals team and driving sales productivity.
- A strong passion for delivering value to customers.
- Experience scaling global teams during hyper growth phase.
- Deep experience with Salesforce.com and Renewals Management/Recurring Revenue
- Management software (i.e. Gainsight).
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.