Snapcommerce is a high growth company that sits at the intersection of mobile commerce and fintech. Our flagship product Snaptravel allows millions of users around the world to book their travel over messaging. We are currently in the scale-up phase of the company with plans to grow from ~100 employees to ~300+ employees as fast as possible while maintaining the competitive advantages and culture of being a startup
With a high-performing team of world class leaders, Snapcommerce thrives on tackling complex problems within AI, E-commerce, and Conversational Design to push the boundaries of the value we can add to our user's lives!
At Snapcommerce, we pride ourselves on the performance-driven environment we've created for our team to prosper and excel. Our values are rooted in making data driven-decisions and risk-taking actions that add value to both the user and the company. About The Role:
Snapcommerce's Director of Communications has the rare and exciting opportunity to build a global brand that is ready for mass adoption and the public market. The North Star for this position is to build a large and lasting consumer brand.
Earned media, social media, and influencers are a critical input into building that large and lasting brand given their ability to lay the foundation for brand awareness, consideration, and love for the organization within our broader community.
Your role will be to provide high-quality, expert-level strategy and execution on earned, social, and influencer media angles and narratives, opportunities, and strategy. We're building our Communications team from the ground up so we'll rely on you for guidance and execution. With this role, nothing is off the table. This is a white space opportunity to join a team and build from scratch - where your expertise is valued and heeded.
This is a fast-growing company with lots of exciting, upcoming "PR-able" moments. Just a few include:
- Q1 '22: Rebrand (including rename)
- Q1 '22: Fintech product launchChallenges you'll Solve:
- What should the Communications function look like? Should we use an agency vs. broader internal team members? When you start, we'll use a PR agency for ease of onboarding and transition.
- What should our short, medium, and long-term Communications roadmap look like? What stories + tactics should we focus on over what time horizons?
- How will we quantitatively measure the value of Communications? Are there metrics we should be considering outside of impressions?
- How will we build relationships with consumer and investor-focused media? Will we use media roundtables and proactive pitching? Are there other, more effective strategies to consider?
- How should we think about building the presence of select execs? Should we consider conferences + event opportunities? Are there other, more effective strategies to consider?
- Outside of earned media, are there paid media partnerships we should be investing in? For example:
- How should we be thinking of influencers as a form of media? Should we invest in an influencer strategy? How would we measure its effectiveness?
- How should we be thinking about owned social media as a way to build our brand and drive our business?
- Should we think about partnering with media outlets for longer-term paid partnerships?
Benefits and Perks
- You have 8-12 years of PR or Communications Experience at a combination of the following types of companies: Strong agencies like Edelman, FleishmanHillard, 5W, Ogilvy, WWP, and/or other top-tier PR firms + Late-stage VC-backed startups
- You have strong relationships with top tier long-lead, short-lead, and digital national and regional editors across business, consumer, travel, and fintech outlets
- You have a refined understanding of Social Media platforms and the ability to identify opportunities to increase brand awareness and generate engagement within this landscape
- You are a utility player- no stranger to providing thoughtful strategy insights, managing an agency and/or a team, as well as rolling your sleeves up, and doing some of the pitching yourself
- You are a player-coach - eager to develop those around you on your team, at your agency, and within the broader organization
- We are a Remote-first company, we have flexible working hours with complete work-from-home freedom and a guilt-free unlimited vacation policy.
- Enjoy employee rewards and travel discounts using SnapTravel.
- Competitive salaries, equity options, full benefits from day one, wellness budgets, and paid development - we've got you covered!
- UberEats credits, meal budgets, special treats, and team lunches. When in the office, enjoy daily snack services and unlimited coffee, tea, and other drinks.
- Supporting continued growth with Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion events, TED talk Tuesdays, and Lunch & Learn opportunities.
- We welcome new additions with a generous EI top-up, parental leave, additional vacation, and a flexible return-to-work plan.
- Game nights, Happy Hours, internal hackathons, team building games, workouts, and more.
Our goal is to ensure we are building authentic and meaningful relationships with each other in a remote-first environment so these events are very important to us! Our employees all have the responsibility to help build on this foundation and help suggest ideas to help shape our culture as we evolve! Being open and transparent is very important to us!
To learn more about our Company Values, please check out this article by our CEO.We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.