If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here ($3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bda4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Director Business Development (DBD) is responsible for leading the pursuit of new business and expansion/renewal business as applicable. A successful DBD will coordinate the complete sales cycle process including lead generation, prospect qualification, and leading the cross-functional pursuit team by providing clear direction on deal strategy: pricing, service, value proposition and presentation message and medium. The focus for this position is on new sales contracts, team selling, and solution selling.
Financial Impact: Secure and exceed annual quota objectives assigned by Sales leader yearly. Maximize revenue growth with customers and prospects. Achieve strategic account objectives.
- Lead the development and management of strategic account plans.
- Lead the deal pursuit team: create deal strategy, including pursuit plan, pricing strategy and proposal plan of attack.
- Prospecting new accounts
- Administer pipeline and maintain sales pipeline data accurately in sales system.
- Deal closing and contract negotiation.
- Achieve sales quota
- Focus in one vertical/business unit - can work other deals at sales leader's discretion
- Understand how Ryder's solutions can be customized to meet customer's needs
- Transition new accounts to combo after 24 months unless otherwise decided by Sales & Operations management. Transition new business to Director of Key Accounts to further develop after 24 months unless otherwise decided by Sales & Operations management.
- Adhere to Ryder's Policies and Procedures including Travel and Expense Policy
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to listen, write, and speak effectively Inform, explain, and give instructions
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Demonstrates customer service skills
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments
- Ability to effectively think, speak and act without preparation
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree required business administration, finance, or related field.
- Master's degree preferred business administration (MBA)
- Five (5) years or more in selling supply chain solutions and/or achieve quota attainment more than 3 times within a 60 month period. required
- Non Commercial Driver License CLASS E
DOT Regulated: No
35% travel - estimated
Job Category: Outside Sales
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.