What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world's leading Research & Advisory company, you'll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you'll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication- and rewards it with opportunity. If you're always looking for what's next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!About this role
As an advisor, you will bring Gartner's research, best practices, and tools to life across a broad range of world class clients. It's the job of an advisor to increase client engagement and ensure each client is applying Gartner's resources to their work. An advisor will ask insightful questions to diagnose the causes of client challenges and recommend the best course of action. The advisor might also suggest a different approach or talk the client through a best practice from a different industry that could work within their business context.
The Senior Director, Advisor interfaces with IT technical professionals to foster deep, broad relationships. In addition to applying and packaging Gartner resources to meet client challenges, an advisor senses patterns among client needs to guide the research agenda.What you'll do
What you'll need
- Apply expansive knowledge of Gartner research to help resolve technical and business problems for clients through 1:1 interaction, workshops, and both small and large virtual or stage presentations
- Engage architects and SMEs by building relationships, establishing credibility, conducting substantive content discussions, diagnosing needs, solving problems, and identifying relevant resources
- Actively shape the direction of ongoing research and product creation projects; participate in and provide feedback during checkpoint meetings and other stages of the strategic research process
- Partner with sales and service delivery partners to increase account growth, retention, and engagement
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 years of experience in enterprise IT; minimum 5 years in monitoring or related field
- Subject matter expertise in enterprise monitoring, such as application performance monitoring (APM), infrastructure monitoring (ITIM), network monitoring (NPMD), and log monitoring
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as AppDynamics, Datadog, Dynatrace, ExtraHop, LogicMonitor, New Relic, Riverbed, Splunk
- Knowledge of monitoring cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes
- Experience with engineering monitoring solutions operations and policies to drive proactive alerts and notification.
- Experience working with technical architecture and implementation teams
- Robust public speaking ability
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20%
What we offer
- Enjoy helping clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities
- Excellent collaborator with the ability to quickly build rapport and gain client trust
- Confident presenter to both small and large audiences
- Able to distill large volumes of data into key findings and organize ideas in a logical pattern using clear communication to convey those ideas
- Analytical thinker with the ability to process information quickly and make actionable recommendations
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K matching and more!
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company's career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at or by sending an email to .
Job Requisition ID:55417
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.