DevOps Architect Location:
Direct-Hire Role Overview
The DevOps Architect will be responsible for the evaluation, support, and implementation of high-quality software automation architecture, including the creation of an automated delivery pipeline that assists with building and deploying software/strategies and infrastructure efficiently. In addition, the Application Architect (DevOps) will develop application architecture specifications, application partitioning, database design, on-going improvements to automate our operations processes, and provide post implementation support, by developing and serving as an evangelist for Application Development and DevOps best practices. This role will be guided by CLIENT's Enterprise Architecture function and will continue to improve CLIENT overall application technology. Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead complex Software Automation Architecture and whiteboarding sessions
- Design Technical/Integration Architectures, including development, runtime, and operations architectures
- Develop CLIENT technical coding and documentation standards for DevOps development team
- Manage technically complex projects efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications
- Determine operating requirements, costs, as well as resource needs for assigned projects and work in conjunction with a project manager on initiatives.
- Participate in application architecture planning (including system partitioning and framework design) to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability
- Analyze, design, and deliver efficiently and streamlined DevOps practices across the organization
- Create suitable DevOps channels across the organization
- Improve and build continuous build environments to speed up software development
- Establish and manage continuous release environments to speed up software deployment
- Lead / develop:
- High-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes.
- Detailed design specifications for hardware and software use by the technical team.
- Ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Detailed estimates for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget.
- Expertise in the architectural design, and implementation of patterns including Middleware, Bulk Data, Real-Time Data, File Based, Process Integrations, and Event Processing
- Establish a cloud presence (SaaS or PaaS offerings) for CI/CD, source code, and build management
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
- 12 years application development experience, or 10 years CLIENT Application Development experience
Contact Zak Hornung
- Experience in .NET & C# programing experience minimum 10 years combined DevOps and / or application development experience
- 3 years of direct experience building containers environments and managing orchestrators (Kubernetes)
- 3 years of direct experience managing and building container platforms with PKS, Rancher, or OpenShift
- 5 years of direct experience building and managing cloud providers such as Azure, AWS or Google (GCP)
- 5 years of direct experience with Chef or Ansible (strongly preferred) or other Infrastructure as Code platforms such as Puppet
- 7 years of direct experience source control systems such as TFS, Git, GitHub, or GitLab
- 7 years of direct experience configuring builds using tools such as Microsoft VSO / VSTS builds, MSBuild, VNext
- 7 years of direct experience with deploying code, continuous integration, continuous delivery across multiple non-production and production environments
- 7 years of direct experience with implementing and managing software deployment tools (i.e. XebiaLabs, Microsoft Release Manager, Azure DevOps Pipelines, Octopus, Jenkins, UrbanCode)
- 7 years of direct experience with business, technical specific requirement analysis, business process modelling, mapping, API management and API gateway
- 7 years of direct experience in using cloud APIs to automate provisioning, deployment, improving system performance and stability a plus.
- 5 years of direct experience working in an Agile Scrum environment as an active participant delivering stories, creating stories, participating in stand-ups
- Expert knowledge of the latest industry trends on DevOps technologies, cloud (iPaaS/PaaS), CI/CD, container, systems platforms management
- Experience acting as a liaison between application development, infrastructure, change management, and build engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships cross-departmentally and cross-functionally.
- Advanced knowledge of product lifecycle and understanding of the role of methodology/frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders including senior leadership
- Familiarity with Agile development and testing practices
- Strong planning and organizational skills with critical attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus
! We look forward to hearing from you! About Ascent:
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG's candidates and experience the difference!
Ascent is a leading national technology consulting and professional services firm that focuses on tactical and strategic consulting. Ascent's fundamental business is providing staffing services to Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, and Life Sciences. We focus the majority of our efforts in Staff Augmentation support of Large Enterprise Clients who utilize a Vendor Management System. Ascent works as both a reliable supplier in support of programs, as well as a Strategic Advisor in support of enterprise efforts to establish best in class preferred vendor programs. Ascent was ranked in the 2007 and 2008 Inc. 500 and recognized specifically for its innovative work in staff augmentation support of Large Enterprise preferred vendor accounts.
If you are ready to propel your career to new heights… read on. We are looking for talented and dedicated colleagues to join our phenomenal team. At Ascent, we have created an environment where culture, commitment and opportunity converge to yield a truly unique place to work. We know that every employee has something important to say and that every employee is integral to our success. Where else can you walk over to a founder and talk about your ideas to help build our business and have that idea implemented in 48 hours? More importantly, we do everything we can to make sure our employees not only have great jobs, but great lives.