As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step! JOB SUMMARY
The Developer Specialist develops specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modifies/maintains the existing software. Will develop, modify and maintain applications that may be customized or standardized. The candidate will participate in design and coding activities with other staff members. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Designs/codes applications following specifications using the appropriate tools.
- Maintains and modifies existing application on their own as well as under direction from senior staff members.
- Performs maintenance programming for existing version. Performs custom programming at customer request.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing data architecture for product.
- Review inventory of the current production infrastructure using automated tools or customer supplied information.
- Identify currently owned software assets, discuss projected growth rates and review current storage change control procedures.
- Interface with clients relative to Internal Audit methods, product needs ' make recommendations.
- Identify short-term and long-term target storage architectures, make recommendations.
- Work with customer to communicate and track system dependencies.
- Install and configure vendor hardware and software products across a variety of host environments.
- Configure complex software implementations with customized criteria tailored for the specific customer's environment.
- Perform knowledge transfer and training for customer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency with a combination of software products and expert proficiency with multiple operating systems.
- Skills and Experience in producing design including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, technology selection and design configuration.
- Extensive technical breadth, through experience in the IT industry. This breadth should be in areas of application development and deployment, and in the areas of creation and maintenance of the internal case tracker application.
- The successful candidate must possess a user-centered attitude and a desire to work in a team oriented environment that serves a diverse population.
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relational skills, good organizational and project management skills, sound judgment, initiative, flexibility and detail-oriented.
- Must possess initiative and drive, have broad relevant technical knowledge with good management expertise and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in implementing effective and innovative software development methodologies.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Broad knowledge of data processing systems, concepts and methodologies.
- Understanding of general business, health care and health coverage issues.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering
- Minimum of seven (5) years experience in a Software Engineer or Developer role.
- Experience with SQL Server, Stored Procedures, Reporting Services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS), Performance Tuning, User Defined Functions (UDF) and TSQL . with Microsoft SQL Server components, including very strong SQL capabilities and experience with SSIS, SSAS, and MDS
- Must have 1-3 years of experience with SQL Server Analysis Services
- Must be willing to act as the subject matter expert for all PCE BI related deliverables and present themselves as the spokesperson for the PCE BI development team
- Nice to have 3-5 years of experience with one or more BI tools-IBM Cognos (Report Studio, Framework Manager, Transfomer) being the most preferred, however other tools like MicroStrategy, PowerBI, and/or Tableau are great as well
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to travel occasionally
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be exposed to/occasionally exposed to patient elements.
- Subject to many interruptions.
- Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquires.
Job: Conifer Health Solutions
Primary Location: Frisco, Texas
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days