At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands - including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what's possible for a sustainable world.
Do you want to help save the planet? Do you want to directly contribute to an organization committed to reduce its customer carbon footprint by 1 Gigaton of Carbon Dioxide? In case you are wondering how much that is, that is 100,000 Eiffel Towers, 3021 Empire State Buildings or 192 Great Pyramids of Khufu!
If you are someone who:
- Is passionate about DevOps and Cyber Security with a highly pragmatic approach.
- Would prefer to release software every day.
- Is excited about evangelizing technologies and solution approaches to an organization.
- Isn't afraid to dig in and do what needs to be done to drive change.
- Is comfortable leading others, including outside contractors/partners.
- Likes the challenge of moving a development team forward with an understanding of the DevOps mindset.
- Is passionate about understanding customers and committed to solving real problems they face.
- Cares about our planet and wants to be part of a team helping to make it a better place for all.
- Welcomes challenges, whether that means new technologies, creating innovative solutions or digging in and just making solutions work.
And would like to be part of an organization that:
- Is strong, established, and committed to making a difference in the world by leveraging the power of their significant revenue stream.
- Fosters creative thinking.
- Demands to be challenged by its employees and supports our team members' desire to increase their skillset.
- Supports the community within the organization and the community outside the organization.
Then read on.
We are looking for a DevSecOps Manager
to join our team centered in Broomfield, CO with some team members remote across the globe. You will be both a hands-on DevSecOps Engineer as well as lead others in a matrixed organization and be responsible for managing a 3rd party DevOps partner relationship.
Here are some of the specifics:
- We have great experience in our domain, and we want you to bring your views, opinions, and perspectives to our team. You will learn things about our business that you might not have even thought about.
- We want you to bring your expertise and perspective, and your desire to learn.
- We exist for our customers, and through our relationships with our customers we intend to change the world.
- Build CI/CD pipeline
- The foundation is there, the desire is there, you will bring your expertise to make the vision of a reliable pipeline a reality.
- You will also serve as Release Manager, which means working with current system to understand unique challenges, and then making it better and more fully automated.
- Oversee 3rd party DevOps partner
- We have a strong partner in place to help manage our 1000+ server environment, you will be responsible for working with multiple corporate stakeholders to prioritize their work, hold them accountable for results and manage the spend.
- Drive change
- We have highly skilled full-stack Software Engineers with a strong desire to increase our capabilities in the area of DevOps and automation, you will lead them and leverage their skillsets to help you implement the shared vision
- Working in partnership with our Enterprise Cyber Security team, you will create, and update application security policy and standards based on industry benchmarks and Trane Technologies security practices. You will lead the implementation of these policy standards across multiple application development teams.
- You will be in a position to train others on the fundamentals through advanced concepts in Cyber Security and guide the development organization in leading practices.
- Team Player
- As part of the larger set of teams and organization, you lead by example when it comes to doing the right thing, even if that means it is the harder thing to do. You are accountable to our teams and our organization.
- You work in partnership with the development managers and Product Owners to deliver value to our customers, with the highest quality and predictable results.
- Lead internal and external audits
- You are comfortable implementing solutions necessary to address security audits and compliance efforts on our platforms. Knowledge of at least one of the following: SOX, PCI DSS, HIPAA and FedRAMP environments is a must.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- 8+ years' experience in cyber security and proven application security experience.
- Experience with Cloud Security and deploying controls in AWS, Azure or other cloud offering.
- You know what the OWASP Top 10 are and can explain how you have helped teams achieve compliance with such.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Able and willing to quickly learn new technologies and master them.
- Have built a CI/CD pipeline from scratch.
- Worked with Terraform, Docker, Gitlab CI or similar toolset.
- Ability to lead through influence.
- Have worked in a diverse technical stack environment including code written in Ruby, Java, Go
- Have worked with Kafka and have successfully integrated that technology in a release pipeline.
- A security certification such as SANS/GIAC or CISSP is a strong plus.
- Passionately customer focused with a drive for continuous improvement.
- Strong team player with excellent time management skills.
- Always looking for ways to improve yourself, your skill set, and the team that you are a part of.
Base Pay Range (for Colorado Residents): $120,000 - 180,000
Additional Compensation: Bonus
Disclaimer: This "range" could be a result of seniority, merit, geographic location where the work is performed, education, experience, travel requirements for the job, or because of a system the employer uses to measure earnings by quantity or quality of production (so, for example, positions that may not have traditional salary ranges).
*Benefits vary by region, business alignment, union involvement and employee status.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what's possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.