Gainwell Technologies LLC
Gainwell needs a hands-on DevOps Architect that drives the creation and adaption of automation roadmaps, patterns, and best practices. The role requires architect to be a leader that can effectively articulate and communicate technology alternatives to product teams. This role requires experience with DevOps practices such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Infrastructure Automation solutions to improve the Agility and Efficiency of Technology Delivery teams. Experience with implementing reliable platforms/architecture, automation of monitoring and logging to provide end to end visibility and automation, using automation for operations cutting repetitive operations tasks.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists management in researching existing business environment including trends, best practices and company preferred architectural frameworks and alliances to ensure that company services match business trends.
- Facilitates reduced risks to client and company; participates in solution business plan creation; assists in preparing financial models to ensure that client interests are met, and potential business opportunities are established. Assists and supports client activities to eliminate gaps or inconsistencies in the initial solution, architectural design, deliverables, benefits, and messaging.
- Interfaces and participates in business development discussions across cross-functional teams and internal and external executive managements to ensure consistency in solution development and implementation.
- Identifies business requirements; evaluates concepts such as market timing, compelling event, and problem identification to ensure that delivered solutions meet both short- and long-term company and client business performance expectations.
- Define solutions for new initiatives and present architecture designs to stake holders for approval
- Identify improvement area and define solution that have minimal impact to environments and processes
- Provide guidance to team members on daily activities
- Assist management in identifying new resources and perform the role as a mentor
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, information technology or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of business solutions experience
- 6+ Years of experience in a Development Operations organization as an architect, designing and implementing solution
- 12+ Year of overall IT experience
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures
- Track record of delivering applications and cloud-based infrastructure delivery in an agile environment
- Experience with automated deployment, continuous integration, and release engineering tools
- Knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies
- Knowledge of cloud environments and how to implement cloud architectures
- Knowledge of high availability, disaster recovery, auto-scaling, and auto-healing concepts
- Knowledge in various branching/merging methodologies and release procedures
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and a flexible mindset to handle a quickly changing culture
- Experience with cloud platforms (Azure and AWS)
- Experience with Microsoft tool chains (.NET, VSO/VSTS, Powershell)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (ARM Templates/Terraform/CloudFormation)
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools (Azure pipeline, Jenkins etc.)
- Experience with Monitoring Tools
- Experience with Scripting (Powershell, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management
- Good communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel and management
- Good skills at managing risks during product launches
- Good creative thinking, problem solving, planning, time-management and organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Good human relations skills to select, develop, mentor, discipline, and reward employees
- Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment
- Willingness to travel
- Office environment
- Other US Locations may be considered
- Remote work may be considered