Remote work for this role is supported.
The R&D Software Competency Center is responsible for Promega's software portfolio - bridging embedded, instrument control, production, and service domains. The team also provides scientific tools, data acquisition pipelines, visualization and analysis platforms both on premise and in the cloud. We are a distributed, dynamic team, actively growing to take on exciting projects in Life Sciences.
A DevOps Engineer manages and improves the communication between the operational and developmental sides of the software development process. Their main duties include launching product updates, locating production/deploying errors and issues, and building solid, dependable, production class integrations that improve users' experience.
A DevOps Engineer must balance several roles in the development process, including coding, testing and deployment. They must also possess communication and management skills needed to coordinate and support multiple teams continually working on code designs, implementations, tests and deployments.
1. Understanding product requirements and KPIs.
2. Implementing various development, testing, automation and other IT infrastructure components.
3. Participating in team meetings, activities, and involvement in project management / Scrum processes.
4. Defining and implementing development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps.
5. Mastering technical skills to review, verify, and validate code.
6. Employing troubleshooting techniques and mitigation paths, including hot fixes.
7. Monitoring processes during the entire product lifecycle, while updating and improving said processes.
8. Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible.
9. Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures, managing vulnerability assessments and risk mitigation.
10. Striving for constant improvement while pursuing continuous integration, development, and constant deployment pipelines, through multiple environments.
11. Coordinating work and aligning tools/deployment principals, methodologies and standards within Promega.
12. Identifying and building long term relationships with vendors/partners.
13. Demonstrates inclusion through their own words and actions and is accountable for a safe workspace. Acts with kindness, curiosity and respect for others.
14. Embracing and being open to incorporating Promega's 6 Emotional & Social Intelligence (ESI) core principles in daily work.
1. Incidence management and root cause analysis.
2. Coordination and communication with IT and product stake holders.
3. Mentoring and guiding team members.
4. Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs.
5. Managing periodic progress reports.
1. Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, computer information systems, computer engineering or a related discipline.
2. Experience working with Microsoft Azure Cloud.
3. Experience creating and maintaining Azure DevOps Build and Release Pipelines.
4. Experience creating and maintaining Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates.
5. Experience in Azure Defender, Azure Security Center, or Microsoft Defender for Cloud, Microsoft Sentinel, Azure Monitor, and Azure Advisor.
6. Experience working with Windows and Linux based systems.
7. Experience working with development tools, including Source control (Git), CI/CD, Profiling, and Build systems (Azure Pipelines).
8. Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles.
9. Excellent understanding of PowerShell and C/C#.
10. Excellent troubleshooting skills of complex cloud/virtualized systems.
11. Familiarity with database setup, configuration and management, particularly CosmosDB.
12. Experience of identifying, reviewing, and embedding open-source technologies.
1. DevOps engineer certification such as Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, or similar.
2. Membership in the DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA), or other similar organization.
3. Experience with Medical instrumentation and/or regulated products.
4. Experience with GDPR or similar privacy regulations.
5. Experience working with Azure-based IoT solutions.
1. Ability to use telephone and computer equipment.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.