Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team:
Who We Are:
We are a market leader in emergency medical care, creating lifesaving tools for lifesaving teams. For example, our LIFEPAK brand is widely known by medical professionals in both hospital and pre-hospital emergency care settings. We design and build complex systems such as multiparameter physiological monitors, automated defibrillators, and technologies to assist with cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). LifeNet, our internet-based system for moving emergent medical data was helping improve patient care before "cloud" was a computing buzz word. As a team, we thrive on helping emergency responders everywhere save lives and make healthcare better.
Who We Want:
Software Enthusiast. People who can come up creative design for complex software program and seek out the tough bugs to fix.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do:
* You will lead or mentor technical teams in CI design and deployment .
* You will apply (and mentor others) on efficient and effective use of AWS services.
* You will assess and integrate new technologies and capabilities .
* You will mentor and influence corrections of complex cloud deployment issues.
* You will translate developer and product needs to cloud resource plans.
* You will assist in the architectural design of a complex system and guide design tradeoff decisions.
* You will generate and review the necessary documents with project teams. (requirements/design/architecture/bugs/test).
What you need :
* Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering/ Computer Science or related discipline.
* 8+ years of related work experience.
* In-depth experience with AWS architecture
* Extensive experience with Python
* Ability to test, build, design, deploy, and maintain continuous integration and continuous delivery process.
* Master's Degree
* Experience with C#
* Full stack development experience.
* Understanding of IT infrastructure and network operations to improve the code releases, test planning and deployment.
* Ability to perform database maintenance, optimization, data replication, backup and recovery.
* Proficient with GitLab, Docker and Terraform
Why Stryker? "It's the people." That's the answer you'll hear most often when you ask our employees why they love working here.
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at