Be A Part of our Team!
Join a working family that is dedicated to the mission of the work we do!
Teaching Strategies is an innovative ed-tech organization focused on connecting teachers, children, and families. As front runners in the early childhood education market, we build dynamic, top-quality digital products that integrate all of the essential elements of a high-quality solution: curriculum, assessment, professional development, and family engagement.
Teaching Strategies is looking for a highly talented, innovative and creative engineer to join its technology team. The DevOps Engineer will be an integral member of our Technology department and will work closely with the development, QA and release teams. The role of Senior DevOps Engineer is a hands-on technical role and requires a thorough understanding of all components of a modern web application stack, including front-end, database, networking, and systems-level knowledge. The ideal candidate will bring forward innovative and creative ideas around performance, security, CI/CD and system design in order to help us build and roll out technology solutions for our products.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
* Manage and automate SaaS platform across multiple environments
* Support and enhance build and release processes through automation using a combination of processes and existing tools
* Work with the development team on software, system, and delivery pipeline optimization, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
* Create and maintain system architecture, design, and automation
* Recommend improvements to our CI/CD solution for the platform and logging infrastructures
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues in hybrid cloud environments
* Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
* Propose and discuss the merits of infrastructure and tooling options
* Acts as escalation pointing for troubleshooting issues
* Mentors junior members of the team
* Teaching Strategies is a federal government contractor and thus requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the employee is entitled to accommodation for reasons related to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief. Qualified applicants must comply with this vaccine policy as a condition of employment.
* Minimum of five (5) years of build automation and release management experience in SaaS production environment
* Hands-on experience with Linux administration
* Proficiency with configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Chef, Salt
* Production experience in IT operations for an always-up, always-available mission-critical service
* Strong knowledge of ephemeral infrastructure, horizontal scaling, self-healing architectures, service discovery, logging, monitoring and alerting
* Expert level experience with AWS and hybrid cloud systems/designs
* Proficiency and understanding of containers (Docker/K8s) and Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
* Expert understanding and ability to troubleshoot systems using TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, and DNS
* Proficient with multiple scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby
* Experience developing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins or similar
* Knowledge of best-practice security, performance, and networking techniques for high-traffic public-facing systems
* Experience with monitoring tools such as New Relic, Cloudwatch, and similar
* Strong experience with relational and NoSQL databases, including Microsoft SQL, Postgres, MySQL, and MongoDB
* Excellent debugging and testing skills
* A passion for learning new technologies
* Expert experience with Agile methodology and software development
* Experience working for a SaaS company is a plus
* Strong sense of collaboration, teamwork, and accountability
Why Teaching Strategies:
At Teaching Strategies, our solutions and services are only as strong as the teams that create them. By bringing passion, dedication, and creativity to your job every day, there's no telling what you can do and where you can go! We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package, flexible work schedules, opportunities to engage with co-workers, access to career advancement and professional development opportunities, and the chance to make a difference in the communities we serve.
Let's open the door to your career at Teaching Strategies!
Some additional benefits & perks while working with Teaching Strategies:
Teaching Strategies offers our employees a robust suite of benefits and other perks which include:
* Professional development and growth opportunities
* Competitive compensation package
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and children
* Pre-tax medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
* Health savings accounts with employer contributions
* 401(k) plan with employer match
* Company-sponsored life, short and long term disability insurance
* Voluntary life and critical illness insurance
* Paid parental leave programs
* Tuition assistance
* Flexible paid time off
Teaching Strategies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities