We have one position open for Staff Digital Design Engineer. It is a contractor position and located in Santa Clara, CA
As a Staff Digital Design Engineer within the group, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Digital synthesis, timing closure, and place and route which includes setup and debug of the standard cells and routing scripts
- SPI interface design for the driver IC, including implementing & verifying the new ADC trigger RTL logic, SPI DIG RTL, complete top-level functional verification, re-spin the digital design through entire design flow to create new place & route layout using already scripted flow, and Import Layout & Netlist into Cadence, run LVS&DRC and integrate into chip layout.
- Responsible for digital block delivery for chip-level integration.
- Hands on experience in Verilog and SystemVerilog logic design and verification
- Hands on experience in logic synthesis, static timing analysis, formal verification, and place-and-route.
- Must have physical design experience with Cadence Innovus (much preferred) or Synopsys IC Compiler.
- Understand the "analog-on-top" methodology for mixed signal design.
- Ability to work in a cross-site environment (possibly remotely via the WEB) with mixed signal and analog design teams
- Optionally be familiar with installation and configuration of foundry digital kits (PDKs, standard cell, memory compilers, timing decks, metal-stack extraction decks, etc).
- Experience with Verilog and Verilog AMS, and with co-simulating Verilog, VerilogAMS, and schematic views of design blocks.
- Must have a high-level understanding of basic analog building blocks and design theory.
- Familiarity with Cadence/Mentor LVS/DRC and Place and Route tools (preferred).
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, TCL, Python, and Skill, and with Make files.
- Familiarity with SVN version control in a hardware design environment (preferred).
- Familiarity with Basics of RF, Silicon Photonic, or Optical ICs is preferred.
- Must be self-directed with an ability to anticipate design and tool needs.
- Conduct design reviews and create technical presentations to peers and management.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to convey complex digital concepts to engineers of all backgrounds.
- provided by Dice