As a key member of the Design Engineering Data Center Practice Team, the Data Center Practice Design Architect role is responsible for comprehensive Traditional Data Center, Private Cloud and Hybrid Cloud solution program development, long term program strategies, and a key member of Red River's Data Center Practice.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the data center industry, how it's evolving with cloud technologies and how to position the value of Red River's Data Center services and strategic vendor solution offerings. This role has a strong focus on Red Hat Cloud Computing with Virtualization, OpenStack Platform, OpenShift and industry best practices. The Data Center Design Architect will need to gain an understanding of the customer's business goals and requirements and demonstrate how Red River's offerings can solve their business needs.
- Support Red River's Data Center Practice solutions offerings with the SME focus on Red Hat Virtualization, OpenStack Platform and OpenShift
- Create advanced demo development and technical showcase of strategic vendors technologies
- Be technically proficient in the ability to stand up, configure and integrate select Red Hat private cloud and hybrid cloud solutions
- Assist the Commercial, SLED, and Federal sales engineers as a Data Center SME to conduct technical and business decision maker presentations to clients and prepare data center solution proposals
- Stay up to date with data center to hybrid cloud market updates and trends, and identify gaps in the market
- Establish and build relationships between Red River and channel partners
- Collaborate with Service Operations, Technology Adoption, Project Management, and Managed Services teams to promote efficient business processes.
- Assist the field sales teams with the development of data center-related proposals and statement of work (SOW) proposals consistent with customer's data center objectives and requirements
- Recommend innovative technical solutions for Red River Offer Development Program and objectives around integrated data center, private cloud and hybrid cloud solution offerings
- Identify and assess potential future partners in development of comprehensive data center services offerings
- Perform select larger audience presentations at trade shows, data center events and select showcase presentations demonstrating Red River's data center industry expertise.
- 10 years hands-on experience with customers
- 2-5 years of experience in pre-sales role
- Ability to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of private cloud and hybrid cloud solutions
- Strong technical knowledge with demonstrable hands on skill sets in the following data center technologies: Red Hat Virtualization, Red Hat OpenStack Platform and Red Hat OpenShift
- Experience with various monitoring, analytics, and management tools for IaaS and PaaS designs
- Experience in developing private cloud and hybrid cloud architectures; Knowledge of the management and monitoring of cloud solutions; Advanced written and verbal communication skills; Able to communicate effectively with both a technical and executive audience
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Red Hat OpenShift Administration
- Experience with designing IaaS and PaaS solutions with Red Hat technologies
- Experience with integrating on-premises solutions and public cloud native services
- Experience with competitive comparisons between Red Hat and other solutions
- Experience with Kubernetes integration requirements and related orchestration and management platforms
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code toolsets
- Experience with Automation platforms including Ansible
- Experience with software development concepts including API based integrations
- provided by Dice