About World Business Lenders (www.wbl.com)
World Business Lenders (WBL) provides general purpose short-term real estate collateralized commercial loans to a broad customer base comprised of small and medium sized businesses throughout the United States that lack access to traditional funding. WBL services its loan portfolio and loan portfolios for third parties, specializing in the management of non-performing loan pools and REO.
About the Job:
The Deputy General Counsel will, generally, strategize and collaborate with business units on legal, compliance, regulatory and operational matters, and provide accurate and timely counsel.
- Provide advice, guidance and support in connection with corporate transactions, in collaboration with business partners.
- Structure, negotiate and memorialize debt and equity financings.
- Maintain a best practices corporate governance environment and protocol.
- Support the administration and maintenance of the company’s compliance program.
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Coordinate all legal and regulatory aspects of the loan origination process.
- Support default management, loss mitigation and related litigation efforts.
- Develop and monitor Legal department policies and procedures.
- Manage and oversee outside counsel.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Compensation package – $145,000 - $185,000 p/yr. DOE
- Vacation/holiday pay and 401(k) Plan with company match after 90 days; benefit package (Medical/Dental/Vision coverage, Life/Accident/Short-Term Disability insurance) on first of the month following or coincident with 60 days; Commuter Benefit Plan and EAP immediately upon hire.
- World Business Lenders does not sponsor work visas for this position.
World Business Lenders participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States.Requirements
- JD required from accredited law school.
- Admitted to the bar in any of the United States or D.C. required.
- 6-10 years’ experience; law firm experience required, combined in-house legal experience desirable.
- Able to effectively and independently organize and manage multiple assignments and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management experience.
- Able to perform high-level legal services with minimal supervision.
- Strong legal research, document drafting and writing skills.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Excellent business judgment.
- Strong verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent practical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Positive, team-oriented and collaborative attitude.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.