We are looking for an experienced Delivery Manager to help drive forward our own SaaS product (and sometimes other smaller client projects). You'll be managing a team composed of Software Engineers and QA who work alongside Product Management and UI/UX designers. You’ll be expected to maintain the high performance of the teams while continuously driving improved output with quantifiable metrics.
You'll be working directly with our clients to manage their expectations, drive their implementations and setting timelines which are achievable given the team's workload. You'll be collaborating with Product Management on the custom parts of a client's installation.
You’ll need to be comfortable interacting at the senior engineering level within Whitespectre, communicating the team’s status, progress, and risks/issues against key milestones whilst also identifying areas for improvement. This role reports directly to the Whitespectre CEO.
Whitespectre is a technology consultancy that develops high-performing platforms and applications for our client partners. We work with both high-growth start-ups and large established companies looking to launch new products. Founded in 2015, we’re a team of 70 smart and diverse architects, engineers, product managers, and designers from across the globe, working together remotely- and we’re growing fast!
- Working with our clients to deliver successful implementations
- Ensure the successful delivery of projects from delivery teams
- Ensure that Whitespectre Agile/Scrum processes are followed
- Partner with Product Management to manage dependencies and tradeoffs
- People management of Whitespectre team members
- Client management: Ability to manage high-profile relationships, communicate clearly to non-technical stakeholders and be the proxy between the client and the tech team.
- Sharing excellence and contributing best practices across all Whitespectre projects
Core Skill Set:
- Highly organized with a commitment to manage projects on-time and on-budget.
- High attention to detail – able to provide feedback on deliverable quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write clear analysis for reports and executive-level presentations
- Comfortable interacting directly with the executive team and explaining technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to scope projects accurately with limited information.
- Experienced in managing risks and issues
- An experienced practitioner of Scrum or similar delivery methodology
- End-to-end understanding and appreciation of a software product's lifecycle
- Ability to triage issues across multiple systems and drive technical issues to resolution
- Ability to lead by influence up, down, and across an organization
- Experience in providing software delivery services to clients from consulting organizations, including opportunity identity, proposal and contract negotiations
- A demonstrated technical / logical background - able to decompose problems into surmountable challenges.
- Nice to have - experience in recruiting and hiring
- Nice to have - ecommerce and b2b/direct sales experience
- 3+ years of management or project lead experience
- 3+ years of managing software development teams
What do we offer?
- 100% remote team: Work as part of a talented, globally distributed, successful team with over 8 years of remote-first experience.
- Great environment: We provide a great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people.
- Career progression: We want you to grow with us and provide the opportunities, knowledge sharing, and mentorship to do that.
- Work-life balance: love your work, but know that it doesn’t take over your life.
- Paid Meetups: Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona or at a local meetup.
- Competitive rates: We’re looking for long-term members to add to our remote team. Many have been with us for 5+ years. Depending on location, we will hire as employees or Independent contractors.
The candidate must live outside of the US. Please no recruitment agencies.
Why is it good to work with us?
Because we work on great projects. Sure, we can list the latest set of technologies that we use, but that is a given. Everyone does that right? What's more interesting is how they are used - the design, the architecture, the approach to solving business problems, and helping businesses to grow. And we do that across multiple clients - each and everyone we're excited to work with.
Because we believe in constant learning and exploring - whether that’s a new skill, a new role, or a new way of seeing. And because we've found that we learn the most when we take on new challenges as a team. We’re proud that people love working with us (and still have lives outside of work). Want to know more? Check out www.whitespectre.com
and we're proud of what people are saying about us on Glassdoor