The Manager of Default Business Controls will report to the Director Default Business Controls and work closely with the internal operational departments as well as external vendors. The primary responsibility is ensuring state and federal regulations, agency guidance and policy and procedures are followed within all lines of business of Default. In addition to compliance testing, responses to all internal and external audits along with performance management of KRI and RSA dashboard performance. The Manager must demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding of the various rules/regulations for the GSE and Governmental Agencies. The Manager of Business Controls is responsible for identifying any and all issues which may cause risk to Freedom and provide structured communication back to the lines of business. Identification of risk will be identified through audit process and internal testing conducted by the Business Controls Group.
THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED IN JACKSONVILLE OR 100% REMOTE
- Examines documentation and processes to ensure control points are executed in adherence to regulatory and agency guidance, policies and procedures.
- Ensures completion of all internal and external audit responses for Default.
- Default RSA and KRI oversight, testing controls within all Default lines of business, ensuring successful dashboard reporting.
- Oversight of monthly Default department and employee level scorecard performance and metrics.
- Claims second level audit and loss analysis, identifying areas of opportunities for enhancements.
- Responsible for conducting monthly vendor scorecard meetings to discuss performance and strategies.
- Oversight of Change Control Testing, verifying change is documented and working in production as required, testing monthly/quarterly/yearly.
- Recommend and assist Default departments with process improvements or offer suggestions as to how risk can be mitigated within a process of a department.
- Provide guidance and leadership for management and staff. Lead and mentor staff to develop and reinforce skills, improve processes and procedures, and increase overall effectiveness
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Stays abreast of changes in the servicing industry specific to Default.
- Establish and foster a work culture at all levels within the operation, which is positive, collaborative, respectful and capable of driving long term operational sustainability.
- Work with management to develop and implement new or revised processes and guidelines.
- Review reports to ensure system integrity of all Default information.
- Review of current reports and assistance with identification of new reports, including ensuring department requirements are met.
- Management responsibilities, including hiring and training employees, directing work, monitoring and completing performance evaluations, employee recognition and discipline, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Keep management informed of all trends and problems including, but not limited to areas of risk and curtailments, avoidable losses, and compliance problems that will create an "out of compliance" condition or expose Freedom to any risk of exposure or liability.
- Assist in identification of business drivers and trends as well as development and execution of strategic
- plans to address trends.
- Must have at least 6+ years of experience in residential mortgage servicing specializing in Default Operations.
- 3-5 years of supervisory or managerial experience
- Able to work collaboratively with others.
- Articulate and effective communicator able to prepare and deliver detailed oral and written presentations to management.
- Able to complete assignments independently and meet reporting targets.
- Strong knowledge of GSE and Government Agency Default requirements.
- LoanServ servicing system experience
- Industry and product knowledge
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry's largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID 2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans