has partnered with a prestigious mortgage firm that is hiring multiple DE Underwriters
. Our client specializes in prime lending and is looking for a professional DE Underwriter to join their family/team culture. Position is Direct Hire.
The ideal DE Underwriter has 5-7+ years of underwriting experience, MUST have their CHUMS/Designation
(DE Certified) with LAPP/SAR preferred. This role requires the Underwriter to underwrite FHA, VA, and Conventional loans in accordance with all guidelines and company standards. Candidate duties to include (but not be limited to):
Ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Underwrite a minimum of 5-7 FHA and VA loans per day and maintain an average of a 48-hour file turn time.
- Sign all underwriting conditions requiring underwriter approval within 24 hours of receipt from the processors.
- Perform post-purchase underwriting risk review on loans purchased.
- Perform pre-purchase Underwriting reviews on loans.
- Respond to Wholesale customer calls related loan products, underwriting guidelines, loan scenarios, file status, and all updates.
- Audit files for compliance
- 3+ years' experience underwriting FHA/VA, Conventional loans
- DE/CHUMS designation is required, and it must be in good standing with all federal requirements
- LAPP/SAR Certification preferred/desired from VA
- Must be familiar with automated underwriting systems, including DU and LP.
- Must maintain current understanding of all Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and FHA, VA, DU and LP guidelines and policies
- Must have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and possess excellent communication skills, time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Must have excellent critical-thinking and problem-solving skills paired with impeccable customer service
- Must be analytical and detail oriented
- Ability to interact with all levels of individuals, both internally and externally
- Ability to prioritize workflow and adapt to shifting workloads
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours, if needed
- Professional, poised, and loyal
Qualified candidates must be able to pass background, CREDIT, and drug testing. Position salary is commensurate with experience. Target salary range of $85-90k + bonus for a total comp over $110k. Great benefits, Bonus + perks!
Please apply now! DE/CHUMS required and LAPP/SAR preferred (client will sponsor to obtain!). Please send your resume for immediate consideration to .