We have many opportunities available on our other career site pages. Click here to link to our careers page!
Signet Jewelers is the world's largest retailer of diamond jewelry, operating more than 2,800 stores worldwide under the iconic brands: Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples, Piercing Pagoda, Rocksbox and JamesAllen.com. We are a people-first company and this core value is at the heart of everything we do, from empowering our valued team members, to collaborating with our customers, to fostering the communities in which we live and serve. People - and the love their actions inspire - are what drive us. We're not only proud of the love we inspire outside our walls, we're especially proud of the diversity, inclusion and equity we're inspiring inside. There are dynamic career paths awaiting you - rewarding opportunities to impact the lives of others and inspire love. Join us!Senior Database AdministratorOracle, HANA, AWS*REMOTE*WHO WE ARE:
We are the world's largest retailer of diamond jewelry and the world's largest specialty jewelry retailer, with #1 market share in the U.S., UK and Canada. Signet operates approximately 3,200 stores globally, under the brand names Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples Jewellers, Piercing Pagoda and JamesAllen.com.ALL ARE WELCOME HERE:
Signet is a people company - this means that we put our customers and our employees at the center of everything we do. Our culture celebrates diversity and inclusion, while uniting around a common mission and distinct privilege of helping our customers Celebrate Life and Express Love®. We strive to make sure that our 35,000 employees have professional, personal and social development opportunities to unleash their full potential and have equal opportunity for advancement, regardless of their gender, race, sexuality or any other aspect of their background. At Signet, we nurture an inclusive environment where employees feel safe, supported and empowered at work each day. We do not and will not tolerate any behavior that undermines this effort. POSITION SUMMARY
This position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the UNIX/Linux database infrastructure. This position is responsible for maximizing computer availability and performance as it relates to the UNIX/Linux databases. This position is responsible for providing technical assistance to the entire IT staff in the area of UNIX/Linux database construction and UNIX/Linux database access methodologies.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Providing technical programming insight and recommendations to the entire IT staff for: AWS Cloud Migrations, Oracle, SQL server & SAP HANA databases. Researching system problems and managing the resolution of these problems through internal Senior UNIX/Linux Database Administrator or vendor technical support. Hands on experience on ASM and Clusterware on RAC/Non-RAC databases.
- Monitoring, tracking and making necessary modification to the UNIX/Linux databases to facilitate reliable and timely data retrieval through appropriate change management procedures.
- Timely and accurate completion of other tasks as defined by the Manager of Technical Support - Database Systems or Senior UNIX/Linux Database Administrator acting as a project lead. Providing the necessary technical support to the IT department on our various UNIX/Linux database issues including database development, programming languages and query tools.
- Providing maximum system availability and uptime for the UNIX/Linux database subsystems. Administering database Backup Techniques to ensure ease of recoverability and data integrity.
- Disk storage administration as it relates to the above database systems. Data integrity and following database backup procedures.
- Develop data migration plans to migrate legacy on-premises databases into AWS Cloud platform.
- Willing to learn all aspects of AWS Databases and storage patterns to include EC2, Relational Database Service (RDS), Dynamo, S3 etc.
- Performs additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.
: Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience. Advanced degrees or certifications a plus.Required or Acceptable Job-Related Experience
: 7+ years of previous experience leading teams and deploying/managing database solutions.Years of Job-Related Experience Required
: 7+ years of technology and leadership experienceTechnical/Other Skills Required
: Solid understanding of the principles of database managementBENEFITS & PERKS:
- Competitive healthcare, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching after one year of employment
- Generous PTO + company holidays
- Diversity programs
- Paid subscription to PlateJoy
- Much more!
Salary range for this role is $87,500 - $125,000. Final pay rate shall be determined and is based on experience and qualifications.