A California-based entertainment organization is currently seeking a new Data Test Engineer to join their staff Remotely and assist with Client Apps / Webtech. In this role, the Data Test Engineer - Client Apps / Webtech (Remote) will be responsible for manually and using automated scripts to test the firing of analytics events and verify those events in downstream databases or files.
The Data Test Engineer - Client Apps / Webtech (Remote) will:
- Work with project teams implementing analytics features into client applications and verify the firing of those analytics events by manually working with devices or initiating scripts
- Maintain and/or develop automation tools to support Mobile Device and WebTech test frameworks
- Verify capturing of analytics events in related file systems or databases through SQL, or a scripting language (Python, Java, shell scripting, etc.)
- Work with Business Intelligence and Product Management to create test strategies, plans and cases that provide acceptable coverage for a given data pipeline, from event creation to reporting
- Perform data profiling on downstream data for the purposes of finding field anomalies and possible data quality issues
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology, highly focused in creating data validation tests based on requirements
- Work with other members of Data Test Engineering to compile a regression test suite that can be executed quickly
- Help create a manageable, repeatable strategy for manual test cases
- Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity
- Handle other duties, as needed
- 5+ years of Software Testing/Automation experience
- 3+ years of Data Quality experience, or QA experience with a focus on Android, iOS, Roku and connected devices, data warehousing, reporting, etc.
- 3+ years of Testing experience working within an Agile environment, and with Agile Management tools, such as JIRA
- Expertise in testing applications developed using various mobile technologies including J2ME, Android SDK, IOS SDK, etc.
- Understanding of Data Models, Data Schema, ETL and created extensive store procedures, SQL queries to perform back-end data warehousing testing
- Experience in Database Testing and using various DBMS tools including Mode analytics, MySQL and performing complex queries including Joins, using Views, DML, DDL, Functions, Triggers and Procedures
- Experience with reporting or analytics tools like Tableau or Mode
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services, querying and working with data in various AWS services
- Experience with Automation Framework development using Java
- Experience with Performance Test Design, Development and load testing execution
- Programming experience in a language such as Python, Java, etc. for the purposes of parsing files and running queries.
- Experience with analytics implementations (network events, ad beacons, user action events, etc.) in a web or mobile application
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized