Data Scientist R&D
- USER EXPERIENCE
Hathway is looking for an experienced data scientist + machine learning expert to found its new Data Science practice. This role will endeavor to create product recommendations, personalization and segmentation for marketing purposes, and solve other interesting challenges within data science. You will have access to large amounts of high quality data and a flexible work environment to solve problems in.
The Data Scientist will be supported by a Data Engineer and Data Analyst, working directly with Hathway’s Analytics and Insights Department, as well as its R&D Department. In addition, the Data Scientist will have the assistance of Hathway’s Engineering Department in productionizing their work.
- Act as a “service of one” and own Hathway’s emergent data science practice, solving complex issues in e-commerce, growth marketing, loyalty, and other areas using the AWS Stack and related tools
- Create pipelines and other infrastructure related tasks (ETL, deployment, training schedule, monitoring, etc.) necessary to productionize ML systems
- Generate solutions using data science and machine learning, such as logic supporting product and offer recommendations in digital commerce
- Utilize customer segments and personalization techniques to enhance marketing capabilities
- Calculate user metrics such as churn, time to next purchase, minimum viable offer, and others to enhance marketing capabilities
- Provide insights into consumer behavior and system performance
- Contribute toward the delivery of prototypes, proof of concept, or other deliverables as established by your manager that incrementally demonstrate feasibility and viability of the solutions you are creating
- Report routinely on progress of efforts in a manner that is consumable by Hathway’s business leadership
- Extensive experience building machine learning solutions in AWS Stack – Sagemaker, Glue, S3, Dynamo, etc.
- Extensive experience solving both supervised and unsupervised machine learning problems
- Extensive experience with neural networks and other learning methodologies (SVM, random forests, Bayesian networks, etc.)
- Extensive experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, Scala, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience with segmentation and personalization learning techniques
- Experience with product recommendation engines, preferably with personalization
- Working knowledge of current AI/ML landscape, including new methodologies, e.g. multi-step classification systems, GANs, Deep Learning, etc.
- Some experience with data visualization
- Some experience with productionizing a ML system, e.g. exposing via API, creating service layer, etc.
LOCATION, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, AND PPE
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, climb stairs, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry under 25 lbs., perceive depth and operate a motor vehicle.
- Conditions may include working inside and/or outside. May work around machines with moving parts and moving objects. Working near radiant and electrical energy. Working closely with others or working alone. Working extended or irregular hours and travelling by all possible modes of transportation.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing the essential job functions include but are not limited to computers and related equipment, calculators, copiers, fax machines, telephones, and vehicles.