Job Description - Data Scientist - Renewable Forecasting- RemoteData Scientist, Renewable Forecasting
Product Valhalla, New York
We are looking globally for a highly qualified Data Scientist for our Renewable Forecasting Team who has a strong background in data mining, statistical modeling, and machine learning. Someone with modern data analytics and development tools including, but not limited to; Python, R, and related packages such as TensorFlow and Scikit-Learn in popular cloud environments such as AWS.
What you'll do:
- You will be expected to research, develop and deliver Client-based forecasting models for the renewable energy sector (wind and solar power) using a wide variety of available numerical weather prediction and sensor data
- Model predictive analytics based on the real-world problem in particular with multi-variate time-series data.
- Mentor, coach and lead a team of approximately 4 data science engineers.
What you'll bring:
- Technical experience in: Machine Learning, Statistical modeling, predictive analytics, probabilistic forecasting.
- Working experience with Numerical Weather Prediction models
- Development experience in: Python (Pandas, Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow), R, Git
- Big data frameworks: Hadoop, HBase, Spark
- Soft Skills: Team collaboration, desire to mentor, professionally develop and supervise
- Experience in building/delivering analytics solution for the real-world problems
- A desire to look for innovative data science approaches at scale
- Ability to focus on solving customer problems with the primary emphasis on business value
- Experience building and deploying data science models in production
- Experience in agile development environments
- Degree of Master of Science with 5-10 years electrical engineering, computer science or related field. PhD preferred but not required.
- provided by Dice