The DataScientist is part of Optum Corporate Marketing and Customer Office and supportsOptum Health and Optum Care.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute*from within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create and deliver standard consumerinsights around consumer profiling, market sizing, and target market analysisto key stakeholders
- Develop predictive models based ondemographic, psychographic, econometric and statistical data that deliverinsights related to member enrollment
- Undertake rigorous and meticulous dataanalysis to extract and distill key population insights that will be consumedby functions such as business strategy, product marketing, and consumermarketing
- Responsible for implementing robusttesting strategies leading to marketing optimizations, program effectivenessand attribution of marketing mix elements
- Develop presentations around insights tobe delivered to constituents at all levels: strategic, tactical, operational,and across function: marketing, operations, finance, sales, etc.,
- Jointly solution, with key businessareas, around the appropriate analytics tools to solve their business issues
You'll be rewarded and recognized for yourperformance in an environment that will challenge you and give you cleardirection on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as providedevelopment for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor'sDegree in a quantitative/business field such as Economics, Statistics, orBusiness Management
- Atleast 3 years of statistical modeling experience in applications such as SASEnterprise Miner, Stata, SQL or R
- Strongknowledge of extracting and developing key consumer insights within apopulation
- Proficiencyin distilling insights and presenting to business leadership
- Experience utilizing both qualitativeanalysis (e.g., content analysis, hypothesis testing) and quantitative analysistechniques (e.g., cluster analysis, inferential statistics)
- Marketing experience a plus
- If you need to entera work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms usingthe ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering yoursymptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptomscreener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to weara mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state andlocal masking orders
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuterswill be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.