Kickstarter, PBC is seeking a Data Scientist to join our Insights team.
The salary for this role in the United States is $110,000 - $130,000.
About the Team
Kickstarter's Insights team is a collaborative group of people who are passionate about using data and research to help bring creative projects to life. Our team’s objectives include:
- Democratizing data access across the organization and providing tools and training to support data-informed decisions;
- Acquiring and synthesizing all relevant information about our ecosystem, the creative landscape, and our users, to provide high quality strategic advice to decision makers at all levels of the organization;
- Raising the quality of data in our system, including improving our data infrastructure and modeling, and utilizing a variety of research methodologies to understand our users and their experiences.
We value peer feedback, continuous learning, and blameless post-mortems. We prefer proven technology and have built most of our data infrastructure on AWS, but we also care about finding the right tools for the job, so we invest in cutting-edge technology when it's a good fit.
In This Role, You Will:
- Query and analyze data in SQL for cross-functional stakeholders such as product managers, product designers, and engineers.
- Expand Kickstarter’s business intelligence and product analytics capabilities to promote self-sufficiency throughout the organization.
- Conduct analyses in Python/R and communicate your findings to a diverse group of product stakeholders with both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- You have 2-5 years of professional experience in data analytics for a technical product.
- You are a SQL expert and proficient in Python or R.
- You are at ease conducting exploratory analysis and visualizing data.
- You have experience with A/B and multivariate testing.
- You value communicating insights concisely, accurately, and meaningfully to a diverse audience.
- Experience with dbt is a strong plus.