At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
At Edward Jones we are developing a Next-Generation data architecture to support Analytic Insights. In a Data Platform Engineering role, you will be challenged and be part of a team to find innovative solutions that will deliver the right method, standards, techniques and capabilities to support the growing number of data analytics use cases at Edward Jones. This will also bring you into contact with a diverse array of stakeholders within the Technology division and other internal customers. The data platforms and data movement tools and technology you will identify, iteratively deploy and manage as a team will set a new standard for agile data delivery, performance, practicality and scalability of the data platform on behalf of data scientists and analytics users and demonstrate creativity in solving problems. What you'll do
What you'll need
- Deploy and manage data platforms and data movement solutions both in the cloud and on-premise
- Build scalability and performance into our data platforms to meet the growing needs of our analytics users
- Partner with agile data development teams and use DevOps methodologies to create automated, efficient CI/CD processes to reduce the time to promote, test and deploy code
- Partner with Information Security professionals to ensure data is secure both at-rest and in-flight
- Develop, test, deploy and maintain efficient reusable patterns of streaming and batch data ingestion pipeline architectures
- Evaluate vendor-supplied software and deploy them as needed for data ingestion use cases
- Integrate data platforms to leverage efficiencies and automation within the stack
- Document and maintain key architecture and coding standards for supported platforms
- Act as first line support for data platforms to maintain peak operating efficiency and ensure maximum uptime
- Ensure data platforms remain current to take advantage of the latest features and support
- Communicate status of assigned work to management and follows agile practices and procedures covered by precedents, standards, or policies
- Seek guidance when direction is needed and speak up about technology risks identified and own addressing them with the team
- Influence peers on the team with questions and insight
- Leverage agile strategies to understand and solve problems while collaborating on technical decisions
- Be open to learn, train and develop as a team
- Extensive experience in the deployment of data platforms and tools in a cloud environment
- Experience working with cloud provider tools and architecture (Azure & AWS)
- Experience using scripting languages such as bash, PowerShell, SQL and/or Python
- Experience in management and tuning of data platforms like Azure native BLOB and ADLS storage and Snowflake
- Experience with a broad set of data ingestion and data pipeline patterns, and associated tools like (Qlik Replicate, Qlik Compose, DataBricks, Kafka, Matillion ELT and Snowflake Services)
- Experience with designing data ingestion solutions from a wide range of data sources and connections like mainframe DB2, Oracle, SaaS API connections, file transfer, batch processing and real-time streaming and Change Data Capture
- Preferred experience with working in an agile product development
- Preferred experience working with and maintaining CI/CD pipelines and versioning tools such as Git
- Good communication skills and ability to articulate system designs and patterns to varying levels of leadership.
- Must have a bachelors degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology related field. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also accepted for the position
- Experience: Minimum 3+ years in IS development and 1+ years managing and supporting cloud data platforms preferred
- FORTUNE 2020 Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firms 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $89642 - $152634