Reporting to the Director of Data Engineering and Analytics, the Data Engineering and Analytics Developer will be responsible for collecting data requirements, partnering with the lines of business to support their reporting and data insights needs. The role will be tasked with building analytical solutions which includes working directly with colleagues in the business to determine requirements, creating approved solutions (ELT, core datasets, reports and dashboards) and maintaining ongoing support (training and troubleshooting) for those solutions.CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Collaborates with corporate departments to collect data requirements, analyze business requirements and processes; independently design interactive analytics solutions
- Works independently on end to end solutions, from data investigation to the final visual dashboard
- Analyzes business requirements and provide end-to-end solution design for respective data foundation, including, but not limited to Data Marts, Data Feeds, Data Warehouse etc.
- Analyzes business analytics and reporting needs to provide solution design supporting custom reporting, advanced analytics, data discovery, self-service capabilities, etc.
- Assists in the design of data warehouses to ensure interoperability with robust ELT solutions, data pipes and models
- Champions data quality, integrity, and reliability throughout the department by designing and promoting best practices
- Aids team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems and/or programming knowledge
Cole Haan is a pioneer in inventing and reinventing modern dress footwear, bags and accessories through our ZeroGrand and GrandSeries product lines. Customers who seek style, versatility and comfortable function in their products come to Cole Haan.
Cole Haan is rapidly growing in the United States and abroad. The brand is sold in more than 45 countries through 90 branded retail stores within the United States, 200+ branded store and shop-in-shop locations internationally, on our global digital flagship, colehaan.com, and within leading department store and specialty retail partners throughout the World.
Our headquarters is in Greenland, New Hampshire. We have offices in New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Amsterdam and sourcing offices in Asia.
We seek hard-working employees who are entrepreneurial-minded, solutions-oriented team players who accept and own accountability, model integrity, value individuality and diversity, encourage teamwork and inspire creativity.
- 3+ years of overall experience with focus on analytics deliverables and/or BI solutions required
- 3+ years experience developing complex BI applications using Tableau and Alteryx preferred
- 3+ years advanced SQL, stored procedures and scripting skills required (Python/R is a plus)
- Ability to deliver complex projects using effective planning, pragmatic approaches, and collaboration, despite obstacles and ambiguity
- 3+ years experience with querying big data cloud repositories using technologies such as Snowflake preferred
- 3+ years experience with data warehouse analysis and design experience, with some knowledge of data architecture and dimensional modeling
- Strong understanding of data acquisition, cleansing and integrations processes (ETL, ELT, data pipes)
- Fluent in relational database concepts, structured and unstructured data and flat file processing concepts.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to translate business functionality and opportunities into clear, precise and easy-to-read functional specifications
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how IT needs to support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams
- Previous experience with understanding and documenting the flow of data from source systems through extraction and load processes into data models and reporting structures
- 3+ years experience with large databases such as Oracle or Teradata preferred
- Experience with data modeling is preferred