IHMVCU, the largest credit union in the Quad City area, serving more than 130,000 members and over $1.5 billion in assets is seeking a Data Engineer. This position will be located at our Corporate Office in Moline, IL. The ideal candidate will be able to come to the office as needed and function successfully remotely.
The successful candidate will need the following skills/qualifications:
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other, related, analytical fields. (MS a plus)
- Must have 2+ years of work experience in object-oriented programming and principles, best practices, and techniques used in implementing complex databases, and the .Net framework.
- Proficiency in code versioning tools
- Proficiency in SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSMS, Visual Studio, and Sharepoint
- Proficient in OLAP database design
- Agile/Scrum exposure (CSM a plus)
- Strong analytical approach to business process design and cross-functional dependencies
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven abilities in taking initiative, solve problems independently, follow through, verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated capacity to learn, interact effectively with customers, and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
Summary of position:
The Data Engineer will be responsible for providing technical and analytical work in implementing, supporting, and monitoring department and enterprise data warehouses and applications. This person will oversee the migration of database structures and applications from development through to production. This role requires strong knowledge of programming, scripting, stored procedures, and SQL queries. General duties include gathering business requirements, creating reports/dashboards, and application development. This position has no direct reports.
Expected interactions on a regular basis would be Business and Data owners, Analytics Team, Information Technology team members, Security team members, and IHMVCU Employees. All interactions must support protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of IHMVCU data and systems.
IHMVCU offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, including 401(k) with company match, holiday pay, vacation benefits, and health insurance including dental and vision. If you want a glimpse of what it's like to work here, watch our 'Get Your Slice of the Pie' video here .
Move Up your career at IHMVCU with this great opportunity!
- Sitting: Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Finger, handle, touch: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Lifting Demands: Up to 10 lbs.
- Visual acuity to do things such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors