Do you hate advertising? We do too. Our view is that the advertising business is broken and needs to change, and we are a big part of the answer. Jun Group means truth, and our culture is about openness, honesty and innovation. We work with the largest brands in the world to run advertisements that are 100% opt-in, putting consumers in control and turning the industry on its head.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our amazing server team. This position is full-time and 100% remote with the option of working on-site once it is safe to do so. Jun Group will only consider candidates for this position who are currently legally authorized to work in the United States.
Who you are
* You enjoy a fun, creative, and engaging working atmosphere free of brilliant jerks
* You want to be part of a small team inside a large company with massive opportunity for growth
* You enjoy collaboration with other teams including product, biz dev, and our in-house QA team
* You eagerly dig into complex engineering problems
What you'll do
* Contribute to exciting greenfield projects
* Own all things data - including our ETL processes, reporting APIs, and internal dashboards
* Collaborate with our engineering team to improve our existing machine learning models and tooling
* Experiment with new tech to find the right tool for the job
* Use Kanban to manage multiple releases per week
* Maintain high code quality through code reviews and automated tests
* Experience working with streaming and batch data processing tools like Apache Beam, Spark, Flink, etc.
* You've built and maintained an ETL pipeline using a data warehouse like BigQuery or Redshift
* You are comfortable writing SQL and manipulating large structured or unstructured datasets for analysis
* Practical knowledge of how to build efficient end-to-end ML workflows
* Familiarity with AWS or Google Cloud big data products
What we offer
* A highly competitive compensation package
* 401k with company match
* Paid vacation, work from home, and sick days
* Annual personal development budget to attend a conference of your choice
* Designated time to work on company-related projects you feel strongly about
* Macbook Pros and any other equipment you need to work effectively from home
* Monthly company events
Jun Group is a high-powered, collaborative environment. We are looking for candidates who work well in teams, enjoy learning, and challenge the status quo. We work hard, and we have lives, too. We pay competitively based on experience, and we're open to allowing the right person to learn our industry on the job.
Interested parties should send a resume along with a cover note. We have excellent perks and benefits, and we welcome diversity and non-traditional paths into all of our roles. We believe in hiring the right person as opposed to the right combination of keywords.