Job Title: Data Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Vice President of Information Technology
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company's data architecture to support our next generation initiatives.
2. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Duties and Responsibilities
* Assemble large, complex data sets that meet both short term and long term business requirements.
* Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
* Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and 'big data' technologies.
* Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into key business performance metrics for the IT team.
* Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Operations, Human Resources & IT teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
* Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
* Ensure data security against external and internal threats
Required Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related field.
* 2+ years experience in Software Development or Data Engineering.
* Public Cloud Infrastructure Expertise (GCP, AWS or Azure)
* Experience with SQL, Git, PHP & Python
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Regularly required to talk or hear.
* Regularly required to use a keyboard and computer.
* Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, handle documents, and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days vary Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required, as needed.
Occasional travel will be required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
ScribeAmerica provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected group status. In addition to federal law requirements, ScribeAmerica complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ScribeAmerica expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected group status. Improper interference with the ability of ScribeAmerica's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.