This is a fully remote position
As a Data Engineer, you will help with the development of data stores and the integration of data feeds, and pipelines used to support machine learning models and advanced statistics to improve OIT's response posture to system events impacting end users and Veterans. You will explore new technologies and devise strategy for upgrading data storage infrastructure and will collaborate with other technical leads in designing data solutions. In this role you will directly support a chief data scientist team lead, working alongside analytics and data science professionals.
- Deliver strategic direction for data architecture and data storage
- Develop Entity Relationship Diagram to manage change to the logical schema and generate physical tablespaces to effectively manage data storage and capacity.
- Primary directive will be to create data interfaces (ETL, API) to import essential data from ServiceNow and similarly with other disparate near-real time data sources.
- Help improve and automate existing data processes and pipelines to create greater efficiency in production of analytic products
- Provide high quality data to be used in cross-functional analytics models and interactive dashboards
- Leverage methods to extract difficult or unstructured data from systems
- Uses modern data science tools (ex: Python, R, SQL) to support creation of predictive models that identify impactful trends or insight related to Major Incident Management (MIM), Problem Management (PM), High Priority Incident (HPI), Critical Priority Incident (CPI), and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Information Technology, Business, or related field.
- Knowledge of Python, R, SQL
- Entity relationship modeling using tools to manage schema changes and physical storage (e.g. ERWin or other modeling tool).
- Database Administration experience (SQL Server)
- Data engineering in data integrations in relational (SQL Server) and insight into big data environments (Hadoop, HDInsight, Spark, Hive, etc.)
- 5+ years of related experience
- 8 to 10 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education (13-15 years total)
- Ability to communicate with multiple audiences to present findings, material, or other pertinent information with contract leadership, client and business stakeholders, and team members.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to accept and provide guidance and feedback
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
COVID Policy: New employees will be required to adhere to the Company's and its clients' COVID-19 safety procedures. In the event that the COVID-19 vaccination mandate for Federal Contractors is enforced, you must become fully vaccinated or request and be approved for an exemption. Employees working onsite at a client location must comply with our client's COVID-19 requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.