Data Engineer required to join a leading technology client based in London (role is remote) on a permanent basis
As a Data Engineer in the Data Team you will be responsible for building scalable, reliable data products and infrastructure that serve critical, up-to-date, structured information to support different types of analytics within the platform. As a core contributor to our growing data engineering efforts, you'll design and own mission-critical data pipelines to drive decision-making both internally and for our clients customers
Skills and experience required
- 3-5 years' experience as a Data Engineer on cloud infrastructure (our client uses Google Cloud)
- Experience with data warehousing (eg: Google BigQuery), data processing (eg: Apache Spark, Beam), and pipeline design and orchestration (eg Airflow or Cloud Composer).
- Experience working with a variety of data formats and databases, both relational/SQL, No-SQL (Cloud Datastore, MongoDB), and storage (S3 or Google Storage).
- Proficiency with at least one object-oriented programming language, ideally Python or Java 8+.
- Proficiency in SQL for data management and querying.
- Experience working with co-located and remote engineers with agile methodologies.
- Experience with modern development and deployment tools (Github, Jira, Docker, Kubernetes